585,667 active members*
3,991 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Milltronics > Training session schedualed at Milltronics- need suggestions on what to ask

Training session schedualed at Milltronics- need suggestions on what to ask

I have a scheduled custom training session at the Milltronics factory in Waconia, MN. I have no knowledge on Milltronics products at this time, does anyone have any suggestions on what I should ask of the Milltronics rep that will be training me, to make sure I have a fundmental understanding of Milltronics products after the completion of my training .

Please let me know

Smile Training

What is your product line? do you have a lot of work lined up for your new machines? Take all of your drawings or customers drawings so you will have actual part knowledge of how to program. are you taking lathe or mill class? when you finally get a grasp on conversational programming and the simple to use power that is at the tip of our finger, you will know that this was the best thing you ever did .
    Good Luck
    The Farmer

You're going to love the control on your machine I bet after you're done with the classes. I wrote to you on your other thread but ask them in person specifically for their 'application notes' while you are there. These things are the "real" owners manuals for their equipment and it is stupid they don't make them available to anyone who has a new or used Milltronics.

DON'T BE SHY, ASK FOR THEM!

A few years ago I was emailed by one of the previous owners of Milltronics and was given the offer of temporary access to all of their application notes in order to give my recommendation on what should be released. Unfortunately my 3 1/2 month old son was abducted for 60 plus days and I basically had a mental "breakdown" and never followed up on it. Talk about lousy timing. I really was pushing hard for those notes to be made public to help everyone out.

All they are is basically very well written explanations on how to use every single function available on their controls. If for instance your owners manual gives you half a page of explanation, the 'notes' give you five pages of application and examples. Simply put, they ARE the real owners manual. It frustrates me to no end that they have existed all this time but you can't get them without specifically asking for each one. They're free but you have to waste the time bugging the right people for them constantly.

I love my mill though!

(There is an OLD thread about the manuals I wrote several years ago that still applies, just search the original Milltronics posts on the last page of this forum.)
    EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

EXIT 85 Manufacturing "The best custom wheels, period" (www.exit85.com)
    Experts in low volume, highly complicated, one-off forged aluminum wheels

About a year ago someone posted pdf's of programming notes .
    These were similar to the examples in the owners book , but had actual
    drawings of what the screen looked like .
    Had examples of all the basics : setting zero, milling pockets , milling frame
    I printed these all out and put them in a 3 ring binder . I have about 60 pages .
    I think these are most educational , but don't know how to direct you to them at this time .