585,752 active members*
3,906 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tree > tree journeyman 250 vickers acramatic pc2100

tree journeyman 250 vickers acramatic pc2100

I have a tree journeyman 250 vickers acramatic pc2100 control. i am new to programming mills, i use bobcad v23 for programming which works good so far. i created gcode useing 1 endmill for whole job. worked great. now i have a job that has 4 tools. endmill, center drill, drill, tap.

i'm having a terrible time with setting multiple tools. the manual is useless. i activated the 4 tools, put in length offsets and the bits are way off in z axis. the book just says O for length offsets? could someone please help me. i called eaglemill (new tree support company) were not helpful. was told they are not my personal programmers, only had a couple questions.

does someone have some sample code for this machine with tool changes i could see to compare? or tell me how to set tool lengths correctly.

thank you.
    marc

[email protected]
    518-869-0545

Just a thought; do you go through a homing process before setting the offsets?
    i called eaglemill (new tree support company) were not helpful. was told they are not my personal programmers,
    They probably don't know S**T and can't program ...IMHO. Why would you buy out the stock and then be so arrogant???

thanks

yes i homed the machine first. just must be missing somthing with the tool setup.
    thanks

Vickers Acrapmatic

Hi,

Just noticed a guy called Dave Reagan on a similar thread, he may be able to help. [email protected]

DP

Quote Originally Posted by bert4255 View Post
    I have a tree journeyman 250 vickers acramatic pc2100 control. i am new to programming mills, i use bobcad v23 for programming which works good so far. i created gcode useing 1 endmill for whole job. worked great. now i have a job that has 4 tools. endmill, center drill, drill, tap.

i'm having a terrible time with setting multiple tools. the manual is useless. i activated the 4 tools, put in length offsets and the bits are way off in z axis. the book just says O for length offsets? could someone please help me. i called eaglemill (new tree support company) were not helpful. was told they are not my personal programmers, only had a couple questions.

does someone have some sample code for this machine with tool changes i could see to compare? or tell me how to set tool lengths correctly.

thank you.
    marc

[email protected]
    518-869-0545
    Marc,
    I am the one you called for programming support. We purchased Tree Mill because of the 150 plus Dynapath controls that we installed in the past 18 years of our retrofit business which has been a standard for most of the years of Tree Machine's history.
    The PC2100 is new to us and it states that in our web site. Since the purchase of Tree we also purchased Tree Tech from Bonnie Thorson and also paid Siemens that owns the PC2100, for special training as it is no longer in production to bring us up to speed. We have gone through a major learning curve. The changes we have made so far in the product is to supply compact flash card instead of the hard drives which are 50 times more reliable and also offer a stick replacement for the floppy drive.
    As far as your programming problem------we are here to answer specific questions you have and not tell you what to do. What would you say to us if the information we gave you caused a crash of the machine or destroyed the part you are trying to finish. All on my employees average 15 years with us---so we have kicked a few tires. I strongly recommend that you take a CNC programming course. Several universities have Tree Machines
    As far as your immediate problem. We suggested that you lookup the tool length and tool offsets in the programming manual. If you go to section 8.8.7 it states how to handle the tool length and 6.11 states how to program tool offsets. If this doesn't help----fax us or Email us the program
    and we can test it on our simulator. I ask all that read this---- it is expensive to tie up phone support for programming issues. If you have a programming problem on a Dynapath, PC2100 or Mitsubishi E mail the program and we will look at them.
    Finally, we will start our 19th year in business on February 2. Over the past years we have an average of 89.4% on our new sales coming from our customers. We bought Tree Machine to offer new products to our customers.
    If you have any specific questions call me.
    Ted Fleis
    231 798 8473
    PS It was through this media that we learned of the passing of Dan Thorson

Dan Passed away? I'm sorry to hear about that. i knew him from Tree days long ago. He will be missed.

Ted, We dont need a cnc course, we are just new to tree and pc2100 controls. I found that there is a problem with puting the tool length in the machine using the automatic procedures in the manual. I had to input the tool lengths in the control manually and it works great now. not sure why it doesnt work correctly. I wasn't turning to you for a programing lesson, it would have saved us many days of wasted time and aggravation troubleshooting if one of your tech guys would of taken 15-20 minutes to help us trouble shoot it, or see if we were doing something wrong. at least make a suggestion instead of being short with me and turning me away! Thanks for replying to this, if I have any questions or further problems I will give you a call. I like our tree mill except for that tool compensation problem that we have since found a way around. Yeah it's too bad about Dan, he was always a pleasure to deal with.
    Thanks,
    Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Tree Machine View Post
    Marc,
    I am the one you called for programming support. We purchased Tree Mill because of the 150 plus Dynapath controls that we installed in the past 18 years of our retrofit business which has been a standard for most of the years of Tree Machine's history.
    The PC2100 is new to us and it states that in our web site. Since the purchase of Tree we also purchased Tree Tech from Bonnie Thorson and also paid Siemens that owns the PC2100, for special training as it is no longer in production to bring us up to speed. We have gone through a major learning curve. The changes we have made so far in the product is to supply compact flash card instead of the hard drives which are 50 times more reliable and also offer a stick replacement for the floppy drive.
    As far as your programming problem------we are here to answer specific questions you have and not tell you what to do. What would you say to us if the information we gave you caused a crash of the machine or destroyed the part you are trying to finish. All on my employees average 15 years with us---so we have kicked a few tires. I strongly recommend that you take a CNC programming course. Several universities have Tree Machines
    As far as your immediate problem. We suggested that you lookup the tool length and tool offsets in the programming manual. If you go to section 8.8.7 it states how to handle the tool length and 6.11 states how to program tool offsets. If this doesn't help----fax us or Email us the program
    and we can test it on our simulator. I ask all that read this---- it is expensive to tie up phone support for programming issues. If you have a programming problem on a Dynapath, PC2100 or Mitsubishi E mail the program and we will look at them.
    Finally, we will start our 19th year in business on February 2. Over the past years we have an average of 89.4% on our new sales coming from our customers. We bought Tree Machine to offer new products to our customers.
    If you have any specific questions call me.
    Ted Fleis
    231 798 8473
    PS It was through this media that we learned of the passing of Dan Thorson