Hi

I have a Kondia FV-1 mill with ISO30 taper for the tool holders with the straight section in the end, with M12 thread for the drawbar. The mill is equipped with eletric/pneumatic quick change so the drawbar is not replaceable without considerable effort.

I also have 16 toolholders of the SK30 and BT30 variant, which fit the mill EXCEPT for the fact that the drawbar is too short for those, as the BT/SK30 toolholders are missing the straight shank.

Im thinking of adding the straight part to the SK/BT30 tool holders this way:

Cut down the end of the tool holder by approx. 8mm, and machining it flat.
Take a steel bar, ø20mm, turn it down to 12mm and cut M12 in the end for fitting it into the toolholder. Flip it in the lathe and turn the straight section(that will be the stright shank section of the INT30/ISO30 tool holder), and bore it 10,5mm, and cut M12 internally. This end is the one that will match the drawbar.

With the SK/BT30 toolholder shortened slightly i should have room for making the "M12 external - M12 internal" extension piece fit and still have a bit of meat to make it strong enough.

I would then degrease everything, and use a hard loctite to fix the extension piece to the SK/BT30 tool holder.

Any ideas, or thoughts from others on this?