585,735 active members*
4,867 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Y axis cannot move up...

i'm a newbie... need help on my CO2 laser machine... my problem is i cannot move up the laser head to the y axis, but the x axis can move left and right just fine... whenever i move the laser head up no matter how far up, it automatically move down to the bottom of the y axis...

anybody please can help me? thank u very much.....

Does your machine have limit switches?

If so, perhaps the Y-axis upper limit is faulty.

It could also be caused by a driver problem, but if the machine initializes and moves to the home position it is most likely ok. Some machines have independent home and limit switches, so just because the home switch operates it doesn't mean the limit isn't stuck, and during initialization the limit may be ignored.

Zax.

Dear Zax,

My machine doesn't have limit switches... And the machine also work and start correctly even it always move down to the bottom of y axis... It just doesn't wanna move up, so I cannot move it to the designated area and start from there... I already checked and tested everything, the software did work a bit slow though, then I uninstall and reinstall the software, and nothing changed, still the same... I really meet dead end here..
    Other helps are greatly appreciated and mostly welcome... And thank u zax for the comment and suggestion...

Joe

Is the up switch bad on the laser? You didn't say what software your machine uses, but some software has up down left right controls on the computer screen also (LaserCut software does), have you tried the controls on the computer screen (if it has them) and those do not work either?

Just trying to eliminate possible problems.

Skip

So the machine moves + and - in Y axis when running, but you just can not 'jog' the machine manually?

That would sound like a switch problem as Skip suggested.

Is this a home made system?

Zax.

After reading his first post again, he says: "whenever i move the laser head up no matter how far up, it automatically move down to the bottom of the y axis..." So now I am wondering if his down switch isn't stuck?

Would that cause this problem Zax?

My machine can do both laser cut and engraving, I bought the machine from china and it worked perfectly over the past four years... I bought it from the company called "Hongfei Laser", it uses its own software called "Lasermark" and the software doesn't have control on the computer screen. I emailed the company yesterday and haven't got any reply yet.

Yes, I cannot "jog" the machine manually but the machine can moves + and - in Y axis when running.. Strange right?

Maybe Skip is right... But how to check the switch as the access to the switch panel seems unreachable from my machine? This machine is 2005 made, so it's old and compares to the newer machine that has "easy access", the housing interior in this machine is quite unpractical..
    How do you usually access to your switch panel?

Thanks..

Joe

Hi Joe,

My machine looks like this one: http://www.wklaser.com/html/403.html

And the control panel screws are accessed from underneath the panel. You get at them with the lid open. Yours may be completely different, I don't know. And I have no idea how, or if, you can even repair them. You might have to change the whole control panel.

My control panel has a plastic overlay on it. If I were to peel that off I would be able to see the direction buttons (I think). Maybe one is stuck, or maybe something in the button circuit is bad. That is beyond my knowledge unfortunately.

But the jog buttons are disabled when you are running a file, so that explains why it runs normally when running. It sounds to me like a button, or button circuit issue. Hope the company gets back to you soon.

Sorry I can't be of more help.
    Skip

ok i will try that...

and skip, thanks a lot for your helps.. greatly appreciated..

Joe

You are most welcome, Joe. I wish I could be more help.

Let us know how you make out with it.

Skip