584,841 active members*
4,352 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Unhappy Fanuc 11T bootup problem

I have a Mazak SL80 with a 11Ta control. After it is turned off for a while it will boot up to the IPL screed and have a "Load File: error" just like in the picture. I have to clear all the memory including the PC parameters and reload the options and the machine will come up and run. It will run untill I turn it off for a day or two and all this will start again. Is this a problem in the Bubble Memory or the Main Board?
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails LoadFiles.jpg  

what does the display show on the mainboard?

How about your batteries?

If it happens when it's been powered off for a while it sounds like low volts on the batteries and the memory leaking.

If you haven't chnaged them recently it could be prime suspect, and on our 0-M they have to be changed while the machine is powered up.

Fanuc 6,11,12 don't use battereies for main memory- bubble memory is non-volatile. It sound like a BMU going bad. Check your power supply voltages.

hello every one
    i have mori seiki 11tt lath when i have on my machine its display canot on i but its monitor is ok please tell me about this .

BMU

Sounds like a bubble memory board to me to. The Fanuc replacement is no longer bubble, and has a battery. The plus side is it has a lot more memory with it. Did one last year on a mill here just for the memory increase. Think it was around 1500 dollars. not too bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Khalid.Ins-Tek View Post
    hello every one
    i have mori seiki 11tt lath when i have on my machine its display canot on i but its monitor is ok please tell me about this .
    Khalid - Please make a new thread, this one is for Scottjit's problem.

Smile I will check it out.

Quote Originally Posted by memoryman View Post
    Fanuc 6,11,12 don't use battereies for main memory- bubble memory is non-volatile. It sound like a BMU going bad. Check your power supply voltages.
    Thanks for the response. I have a extra Bubble Memory card. I will check the voltage on the Power supply also. The spindle drive is out for repair and will will compete this in about two weeks.

I changed the Bubble memory same problem. Changed the base board (Main board) and the problem went away. Thanks for all the help.