585,729 active members*
4,633 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Okuma > LB15 with OSP5000 monitor

LB15 with OSP5000 monitor

Anyone have experience with osp5000 monitors? Im looking to have ours retro fitted. Our current one went MIA today and Okuma wants my arm, leg, and liver for a new one. I have found a couple places that have LCD retros for sale. Any input?

Monitor repair

Try these guys...I think they can help for a lot less than the Okuma option.

http://www.invisionsvc.com/

Best regards,

of course. Okuma original CRT retrofites are quite expensive.
    Any electronic engineer can connect modern LCD to OSP. It's just regular VGA.
    Okuma original fits to the box, there are no external components after replacement, all fittings are provided ... but kidney, liver and Your eyes are more valuable :-)

The main reason for the high price is that Okuma now only sells the whole assy...well according to Gosiger. Anyway I opted going the amature route... My new industrial LCD should be here Monday. With some work we should be back to cutting chips soon.

Quote Originally Posted by geeserteg View Post
    The main reason for the high price is that Okuma now only sells the whole assy...well according to Gosiger. .
    Morris and Okuma Charlotte both told me the same thing. No more screen only, but we will gladly sell you a whole new control panel.

funny.
    When I received Okuma offer (about €2500 for screen retrofit) I thought "it's just for americans, rich and lazy".
    I wonder, if Okuma sold that retrofit to someone?
    Maybe to Norway? or Abu-Dabi?

Quote Originally Posted by Algirdas View Post
    When I received Okuma offer (about €2500 for screen retrofit) I thought "it's just for americans, rich and lazy".
    That is awesome, cause I am sooo rich and sooo lazy you wouldn't believe it. In fact I don't do anything, I just drink champagne in a hot tub all day, it's a good thing I have a bunch of Lithuanians doing everything for me though.

Try 16 hour day job, AND keeping your own machine running, AND your brothers, because he does the same for you, AND eating ramen noodles for EVERY meal. I don't know if you watch the news but "Americans" are in their worst recession since 1929.

Online etiquette comes to mind.

You guys, if I'm being obstinate tell me!
    The beaten path, is exclusively for beaten men.

hey dude, what's up?
    I say what I thought, but You see, I see, everyone see, that americans are looking for budget solution. My post breakes stereotype aboout lazy americans and only lazy american needs separate explanation.
    Don't tell me about recession, look to statistics - Baltic States are with Zambia and Zimbabve together.
    16, or 20 hours work was common here before any sign of crisis approach. Now a lot of people are jobless here.

hey dude, what's up?
    I say what I thought, but You see, I see, everyone see, that americans are looking for budget solution.
    We are in the business of looking for "budget solution"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldirgas View Post
    My post breakes stereotype aboout lazy americans and only lazy american needs separate explanation.
    NO IT DOESN'T YOUR POST SAID AMERICANS -RICH AND LAZY.

Quote Originally Posted by Aldirgas View Post
    Don't tell me about recession, look to statistics - Baltic States are with Zambia and Zimbabve together.
    16, or 20 hours work was common here before any sign of crisis approach. Now a lot of people are jobless here.
    Yeah so are we.

Again Al you need to read what the post said, I wasn't defending anything except that we work too. I'm just saying use some etiquette.http://translate.google.com/#

Hey Rob,
    Is that steam I see ?

Don't let the comments from someone that doesn't put their brain into gear before opening their mouth bother you

Think on the bright side, and say, "I'm glad I'm not like him", and "I pity the ppl that work with him",

I tend to ignore his comments anyway, he only goes back 2-3 posts to make an opinion, and doesn't even look at the original thread..... he usually misses by a country mile

Feel better now!!!

Red face

Quote Originally Posted by Superman View Post
    Hey Rob,
    Is that steam I see ?

Feel better now!!!
    Yes!!, Thanks Steve

Ok sorry Algirdas

Hey Rob,
    No need to apologise for what OTHER people have to say... you can not help how pathetic their racism is. Lets face it, it is RACISM no matter which way you cut it!
    Sometimes (?!?) I really wonder what the heck gets into Al and his so-called expert opinions.
    Cheer up, we are not all like him. Ignore the silly idiot.
    Brian.

Thanks Bri you made my day.

Robert

off topic

Ignore the silly idiot
    Thank You, people.
    It's really funny.
    If someone says "Lazy and rich Pole ..." or "Lazy and rich Zambian" the Pole nor Zambian will not react as You did. Racism of similar expressions are nearly unknown here. We use to say "hey, thief, your hat is on fire". It's so easy to offence You.
    And You didn't understood my apologize and peace offer ...
    I go to shoot myself

Ignore the silly idiot
    Thank You, people.
    It's really funny.
    If someone says "Lazy and rich Pole ..." or "Lazy and rich Zambian" the Pole nor Zambian will not react as You did. Racism of similar expressions are nearly unknown here. We use to say "hey, thief, your hat is on fire". It's so easy to offence You.
    And You didn't understood my apologize and peace offer ...
    I go to shoot myself
    Err, what Apology and Peace offering are you referring to? (don't bother replying, I am not interested, your replies are nonsense most, if not all the time)
    I do not see any such crap here.
    We have had to replace screens on several older machines at work here, in Australia, and we have also been charged huge dollars and we are not Fat and Lazy!
    Enough of your crap Algirdas, none of us take you seriously anyway and you are not helping your (or anyone elses) cause with all this crap talk.
    Brian.

PS make sure you don't hit anyone else with the gun shot... would hate to hear that you had missed yourself and hit an innocent bystander!