585,906 active members*
3,813 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 2 of 2 12
    I am confused. If the alarms are different when you change the encoder back, then that would point to a problem with the encoder, no? Am I understanding your statement above incorrectly?

You can also try to swap drive units to see if that might be the problem, if you are confident in the encoder being good.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebumper View Post
    I am confused. If the alarms are different when you change the encoder back, then that would point to a problem with the encoder, no? Am I understanding your statement above incorrectly?

You can also try to swap drive units to see if that might be the problem, if you are confident in the encoder being good.
    Thanks for your help!. Tomorrow I'm going to do some test trying with the encoders from other other axes.
    Could explain me, how to swap drive units?

I'm guessing by the age of your machine this is an M32 control? If so you should have MR-S drives. Find the drive that is having the problem and see what size it is, MR-S1-##. It is likely that one of the other axis uses the same size drive. If so then there are three things you want to swap.
    1. Swap the U, V, and W cables.
    2. Swap the feedback cables (gray honda connector).
    3. swap the blue rotary switch settings (CS1).
    There is no need to swap the physical drive unless the cables won't reach or you are swapping from another machine.

Quote Originally Posted by onthebumper View Post
    I'm guessing by the age of your machine this is an M32 control? If so you should have MR-S drives. Find the drive that is having the problem and see what size it is, MR-S1-##. It is likely that one of the other axis uses the same size drive. If so then there are three things you want to swap.
    1. Swap the U, V, and W cables.
    2. Swap the feedback cables (gray honda connector).
    3. swap the blue rotary switch settings (CS1).
    There is no need to swap the physical drive unless the cables won't reach or you are swapping from another machine.
    Yes, it is an M 32 control with MR-S drives, all three are equals.
    I did all the described procedures and continues with the same alarms, so the units are in good condition.
    I reviewed the encoder connector pins in the connector by comparing the original with the replacement and are exactly the same, but I decided to open both encoders and I noticed that the welds in the electronic circuit are not in the same position as in the original encoder, so as a result the connectors are not in the same position.

The cuestion is ; Must I disconnect the weld in the connectors pin, or in electronic circuit, or ther are two welds that keeps the entire electronic circuit,( but I'm afraid to change the position of a red leds).The last option is the easiest since there are only 2 welds and thus I place the original encoder electronic circuit.
    Which would be the best?

Rewards.

Re: Something to Check

Quote Originally Posted by MTSS Service View Post
    HI There;

Go to your machine parameters for the axis soft limits. Positive and negative limits.
    Record the numbers for both parameters. For the Neagtive type in
    (Negative) -9999999 and for the (Positive) type in 9999999. Do not turn the machine off. Try and home the Z axis. If it will home then change the values back to the original values. Power the machine off then back on and try homing again.
    If the Z axis continues to move slow all the time when trying to home then your delcelaration limit switch may be bad. You may also try doing a grid shift according to instructions in the maintenance manual that came with your machine.

Larry (MTSS)

Hi Mr. Larry,

My vcn410A-II cnc mazak machine having problem on alarm code no 10, detector malfunction, can u explain to me how to reset the z-axis parameters because i can't do homing and how to clear the alarm code no. 10?
    thank you.

Page 2 of 2 12