585,761 active members*
4,007 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Mills > Pcool bracket position on a 2006 Haas TM1

Pcool bracket position on a 2006 Haas TM1

I'm installing a pcool on my Haas TM1 mill and the bracket I got when mounted (the only 2 holes that line up) has the bracket sitting at about a 30 degree angle from the x axis. The pictures I've seen show the pcool mounting in line with x axis. Looking at it I'm not sure I don't like it better at the 30 degree angle since it would send coolant towards the back splash plate. Any thoughts on this?
    John

Re: Pcool bracket position on a 2006 Haas TM1

Your tooling doesn't care what angle coolant comes from, so if you like it, I can't see a reason to not use it as-is.

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Your tooling doesn't care what angle coolant comes from, so if you like it, I can't see a reason to not use it as-is.
    Well that's my thought too. With pointing somewhat away from the front of the machine I believe it won't splash coolant as much on me.
    John

How much did the pcool retro kit set u back. What does the IO board connections look like?

About $700 with the pcool, bracket, and wiring cable. It just plugs into the io board in the main panel, very easy. Turn on the pcool code in the control and your good to go.
    John

Hi John,

Here is a video I did when I installed my Pcool nozzle on my 2007 HAAS TM-1P.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWt0R58VTs0

I made a spacer about 2" thick that lowered the pcool nozzle down and used a couple of 1/4 X 20 bolts to attach it to the spindle. I made another 1/4" thick spacer and drilled a couple of holes to match so that the Pcool unit was in a vertical position. This was on the back left hand bottom corner. I think I used some longer Socket head screws to attach utilizing 3 socket head bolts. That gave me good alignment of the nozzle to the centerline of the spindle. I have a couple of threads here on the forum about Pcool operations that you may find of interest.

Hope that was of some help.

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Thanks John. Nice setup and I'm doing some of your mods. I am in the process of making more changes and will present them once I'm finished.
    John