585,702 active members*
4,185 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi FREQROL problem

in my CNC ( Jinn Fa that use Mitsubishi FREQROL FR-S6J-2-5.5K as controller ) appear probelm that show:

NC Alarm =
    S01 Servo Alarm : PR EMG Emergency

Alarm/Diagnostic :
    SPIN

what is the meaning of this problem and can u guys share how to solve this?

Quote Originally Posted by eva_1686 View Post
    in my CNC ( Jinn Fa that use Mitsubishi FREQROL FR-S6J-2-5.5K as controller ) appear probelm that show:

NC Alarm =
    S01 Servo Alarm : PR EMG Emergency

Alarm/Diagnostic :
    SPIN

what is the meaning of this problem and can u guys share how to solve this?
    Good morning, at least here it is morning.
    I'll try to give you a few tips before I leave the house.
    IF this is the spindle controller I'm thinking of, you have an Asian-made CNC kneemill which unfortunately (or not) I've had experience "fixing" many times.

But first, if you can give as much info as possible, it will be easier.
    If you have the Frequol booklet AND the programming device that plugs in the front of the unit that allows you to change the parameters, you are going to be fine.
    If you don't - you can forget the rest of this post and you will not be happy.

The programming unit is about the size of a large remote control and isn't cheap. It will allow you to change acceleration and deceleration times of your spindle, max RPMs, the rpm's that it shifts from hi to lo gear, etc.

The most common problem is accel and decel time. If it is too short (less than 5 seconds) that usually triggers an over current alarm due to regenerative braking.
    The solution is to change the parameter from say 2 or 3 seconds to 5 (or more if needed) to allow the spindle time to get up to speed and to stop.

The little manual that comes with it explains all this and you must have the programming unit to change these parameters.

Don't know if this helps, but it's all I got.

Good luck.

Are you sure the spindle is not an FR-SFJ?

If so you may need to adjust the feedback device in the motor. If you have a digital multi meter it is very easy to do.

Please let me know if you have an FR-SFJ and I can get a procedure for you.

There should be an alarm number on the spindle controller. The NC alarm is just telling you that you have a general S01 servo issue that put the control in E Stop. It appears that you have a 23 alarm on your spindle controller by your alarm/diagnostic page. Alarm 23 is excessive speed differing more than 500 rpms from the reference speed, if you do indeed have alrm 23 on your spindle control.

@Energy Rebel : yup, it's true that it is asian-made CNC and i bought a used CNC so i don't get the booklet....i really thx full to you to spent ur time to reply this thread

@onthebumper : first of all i'm really sorry i wrote the wrong type. My spindel controller is FR - SGJ. but can u tell me how to adjust the feedback device for FR - SFJ?
    my motor spindel is Mitsubishi SJ-N

This procedure is for an FR-SF spindle but it should also work for SFJ or SGJ spindle drive as well.
    You will need to put the drive into open loop with parameters first and then adjust the PLG board in the spindle junction box.
    http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00000256000000

hello guys....how about your weekend?

@onthebumper : this day i want to do what u tell me to do.....hopefully it will work....

@onthebumper : sir, i think the file that you gave to me only can work with FR-SF and FR-SE. can you give me for FR-SG?

When you look in the junction box for the spindle do you see the circuit board as described in the procedure? If there is what are the potentiometers labeled? Some of the smaller motors come with a different type of feedback system that, to my knowledge, is not adjustable.

In the procedure it describes how to put the drive into open loop. This is a great test to see if the feedback is causing the 23 alarm. By putting the spindle in open loop the drive ignores the feedback signal and just runs the spindle motor. You must take care when operating the motor in this way though. There is a possibility for the motor to run away so make sure to command low rpm's like 1000 and below.

@onthebumper :yes, i saw the PLG board ( made by YAMAHA ) and the potentiometer labeled differently with described in the procedure....besided that dip switch in my FR-SG board is dip switch 4 and all pin in that switch is in down position ( there is no dip switch 6 )

open loop....hmmm can i say if i unplug the PLG board, can it be become open loop?hehehe CMIIW.....when i unplugged it,the alarm 23 is appear....

OK. On the FR-SGJ you have a six 7-segment display. Directly under that are four buttons. The buttons are MODE, UP, DOWN, SET from left to right.

Power on the control
    Hit the MODE button until you see 000000
    Press SET
    Press UP
    Press SET
    DO NOT POWER OFF (once you power off, the drive reverts back to closed loop and you must follow the above steps again to put it in open loop)
    The FR-SGJ is now in open loop.
    Command the spindle to run at 200rpm (Do not do any cutting with the spindle).
    If the spindle runs and does not alarm out then the feed back must be adjusted.

To adjust the feedback;

Follow the steps above to put the drive in open loop.
    Follow the procedure http://www.meau.com/functions/dms/ge...00000256000000
    Start from the section that says IMPORTANT NOTICE
    On the procedure substitute the following;
    VR2 = GA1
    VR4 = GA2
    VR1 = OF1
    VR3 = OF2
    Evertything else on the procedure should work fine.

@onthebumper : i really thanks to you,with that procedure we can find the problem and solve it.....

i love this web......hohohohoho

Glad I could help!

Re: Mitsubishi FREQROL problem

Hi
    I know its a while since your Post but hopefully you can help me.

I've got a similar problem with a lathe.
    The link you added doesn't work anymore. Do you have the linked document or at least could you say which document it was?
    I have a Maintenance Manual for the FR-SGJ but couldn't find this procedure.

Re: Mitsubishi FREQROL problem

I have a more generic question....

What really is the difference between the SF-SFJ and SF-SGJ spindle drives? What I'm driving at here is... If I presently have an SF-SFJ, can I plop an SF-SGJ in there and have it work? Part of me is thinking that the G is just an updated version of the F drive, but I really don't know the lineage here (meaning, did the G succeed the F in Mitsubishi's offering in the 90s). The parameters look to be very close, per the maintenance manuals, but the devil is always in the details. I don't want to get a G and find out that it doesn't work after the fact.