585,877 active members*
3,114 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Cincinnati CNC > Cincinnati Sabre 2000 with Acramatic A2100 Axis drifting and drive overload alarm

Cincinnati Sabre 2000 with Acramatic A2100 Axis drifting and drive overload alarm

We have a problem with our Sabre 2000 in that when the machine power is applied, after the control has booted, the axis all begin to move slowly and a drive overload alarm is displayed immediately. This happens even with the federate override set to 0.

If I remove the C1 connector, which includes the command signal wires, from the x axis the machine powers up normally and no axis move then after a few seconds there is a drive not enabled fault as the connector also contains the enable signal wire.

If I remove the C1 connector from the y or z axis the machine powers up but the two axis that are still connected move slowly as before but this time there is no overload alarm just the drive not enabled alarm after a few seconds due because C1 is disconnected.

Has anyone seen this issue or can anyone offer any advice what to test to try to find the problem?

Machine details:-
    Cincinnati Sabre 2000
    Acramatic A2100
    Kollmorgan BDS4/5 Drives

Alastair

Dear Mr.
    Can you send me the serial number of your machine and the serial number of your control.

Maybe you have to ajust the gaing in your drivers but I need to know what version of the Acramatic 2100 control do you have to be sure how I can help you with your machine.

Thanks
    CNCVEN

Thanks for the reply CNCVEN

The Machine serial No is 7044 A00 RD 0040
    The Acramatic A2100 is Model P51A-ST1-E Serial No. 51-A21001Y-0832

Would the gain incorrect on one drive affect the others? The drive was recently repaired but the machine had been running after the repair.

I have been trying to troubleshoot and cannot find where the machine is getting the drive overloaded signal from to give the alarm. The alarm code is 39-53. I have verified that it is not coming from the fault output on any of the drives which from the drawings all go to a single input CR_AXIS_ALARM (I00: 00/30) via relay CR30.

Thanks
    Alastair

Can you check by program were the input I:030?

DO you know how you use the program were?

My knowledge of program ware is limited to what I have been able learn myself from looking at the program.

Input I:030 is showing as ON in both I/o rack and I/o Board. The state of the input does not change as the alarm comes up. Also stays as ON if I disconnect the x drive and get the machine to power up without the overload error.

axis error

hello alastair
    whereabouts in the uk are you? drop me an e-mail to [email protected] and i'll send you my phone number to discuss your problem.
    regards mallardfizz

Mallardfizz or Alc I have the same issue, did you guys figure this one out??