585,676 active members*
4,056 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Uncategorised MetalWorking Machines > CNC G-gode operator / programmer needed for VMC!!

CNC G-gode operator / programmer needed for VMC!!

Hi all,

I really need help in locating an operator / programmer to help me set-up and run through a number of jobs whilst offering a level of tutoring to me. The machine is a very good condition 1999 Kitamura 4 axis Mycenter 3X VMC with a Yasnac i80m control. The control is a G-code control. It appears to have a very similar programming style and method to a Fanuc control - don't be put off by the control!! My experience is with Heidenhain conversational style of programming so although I'm familiar with milling, I'm not with G-code.

We are based in North East Essex UK, therefore this person would have to be able to get to us on a day to day basis. I can estimate that I would need this person to be on-site for initially up to days but could well be longer - depending upon various factors.

They would need to start ASAP.

If you think you may be able to help in any way, please don't hesitate to contact me straight away - even if you might be able to just offer some advice in finding someone.

Any help would be very welcome

Many thanks,

Duncs.

Greetings

We had all Heidenhain controls for 13yrs until a big Mori Seiki VMC was dumped in the shop. No one had any idea so I just played around and got there.No experience whatsoever on the Fanuc control and G Code.

That machine was removed 7years ago when we relocated and reduced capacity, hence no more G-Codes!

In the past couple of years we have bought 3 x HAAS VF4's with G-Codes and I had to start again! Very limited help was given by the guy who installed them so I just got on with it.

If you cannot afford the time to experiment it must be frustrating, but I have found that if you know what you want to do then it is easier than having no programming experience at all. Conversational programming is great on the Heidenhain and you can find a process that will suit your requirements for a certain job. However, the G Codes are a different format but the end result is still the same.

I ended up taking the manual home, reading it during meal breaks etc. Sad isn't it ? I found it a challenge.

I hope you are up and running ok now.

Just for interest, what machines have you got on Heidenhain? All ours are Vertical Mills. Bridgeport-Cincinnatti Sabre 750,s-Beaver VC45 and of course the HAAS VF4,s