585,885 active members*
6,203 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Help! Mach 3 with PCI parallel card.

:drowning:Heya guys I've just bought Mach3 and have installed the activation download and was looking forward to seeing my Proxxon MF70 perform for the first time under cnc, but I just can't seem to get the thing working.
    Anyone with any ideas?

I had a the same problem just last week. What worked for me was making sure that my parallel card was properly installed and functioning and then going to Config/Ports & Pins and then making sure the address for port 1 matched what was in listed under the device manager. good luck...

Tried all those things already.

Thanks tho!

Any more ideas?

Jolyon

Does the parallel card work by itself? Connect a printer to it and see if you can get something out of it. If so then likely it's a configuration or wiring issue with Mach. At least you now have half of the problem solved. Good luck.

Great ideas on how to make sure it is setup properly and get it running can be found in the MANUAL on the Machsupport website.

Try the basics first. Does anything work under CNC control?
    Are you sure the ports and pins are assigned correctly. It seems like old hat now but the first time I did a p-port connected machine it took awhile to make sure it was all connected properly.

If it still doesn't work, more information would be needed such as breakout board, is there one and if so what type?
    Desk top or laptop, and any thing else that might be relevent.

Mike
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Thanks for the tips guys..

Problem somewhat sorted out by reinstallation of mach3...

However program still seems unstable, for example if I don't run the driver test before running the Mach loader then Proxxon MF70 (my CNC profile) I get BSOD. If i come out of mach and then try to run again I get BSOD...

This is a brilliant program don't get me wrong I love it already and would tolerate the help buttons, other features that don't work (yet apparently!), occasional graphical glitches and quirky layout for it's great features and flexibility. Well worth the £103 spent to see my micro mill dancing at last!

But can someone help me with stability issues?

Thanks Jolyon

Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    Thanks for the tips guys..

Problem somewhat sorted out by reinstallation of mach3...

However program still seems unstable, for example if I don't run the driver test before running the Mach loader then Proxxon MF70 (my CNC profile) I get BSOD. If i come out of mach and then try to run again I get BSOD...

This is a brilliant program don't get me wrong I love it already and would tolerate the help buttons, other features that don't work (yet apparently!), occasional graphical glitches and quirky layout for it's great features and flexibility. Well worth the £103 spent to see my micro mill dancing at last!

But can someone help me with stability issues?

Thanks Jolyon
    With I believe way over 10k install they must be doing something right.

I would try a completely different computer. There have been reports of hard drives on the way out causing weird problem along with other things.

I ran my Taig thru the pport for a year basically problem free other than the loose nut behind the keyboard. Problem is they haven't made a wrench that fits my fat head.LOL

Mike

Question BSOD on Mach3

Hey

Thanks for quick response...

Nothing wrong with my computer (I can't justify buying another one to cram into my tiny bedroom along with the rest of my gear!)

I am running under vista.. does anyone else have these problems?

When I first installed I didn't perform the vital reboot.

When I reinstalled I made sure that the pulsing engine driver was completely uninstalled first and installed as per instructions. Is there any IT whizz out there who can help me diagnose the exact source of the problem?

Merry Xmas Jolyon

Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    Hey

Thanks for quick response...

Nothing wrong with my computer (I can't justify buying another one to cram into my tiny bedroom along with the rest of my gear!)

I am running under vista.. does anyone else have these problems?

When I first installed I didn't perform the vital reboot.

When I reinstalled I made sure that the pulsing engine driver was completely uninstalled first and installed as per instructions. Is there any IT whizz out there who can help me diagnose the exact source of the problem?

Merry Xmas Jolyon
    I am not suggesting buying another computer, beg borrow or steal one just as a test.
    If you are running Vista, did you install the memory override file?

Mike

Hey there thanks again..

I'm not really sure what trying another computer will achieve!

I can't test the same software on a different computer, and even if I could somehow copy Mach to the new computer and it works it won't diagnose the problem with my machine.

I have mach3 running my Proxxon MF70 conversion, nice and smooth too with my cheapo chinese bob/driver card. The problem is just the fact that it Mach BSODs my computer sometimes when starting.

Regards Jolyon