585,729 active members*
4,900 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > V23 Download - CAM restricted?

V23 Download - CAM restricted?

Guys,

I'm interested in buying V23, thought I'd download the demo from the BobCAD site and have a play first. Now, I haven't waded through the tutorials etc yet, but having a play around on the screen I notice the vast majority of menu options listed under the DataCAM tree in relation to machining ops, tool paths etc etc are greyed out. I'll go have a proper read later, but can anyone confirm whether the download demo version is restricted in the CAM department at all?

Cheers guys.

Never heard of that before i know that you could post code but not be able to save it.
    David.

Quote Originally Posted by Alfonzo View Post
    Guys,

I'm interested in buying V23, thought I'd download the demo from the BobCAD site and have a play first. Now, I haven't waded through the tutorials etc yet, but having a play around on the screen I notice the vast majority of menu options listed under the DataCAM tree in relation to machining ops, tool paths etc etc are greyed out. I'll go have a proper read later, but can anyone confirm whether the download demo version is restricted in the CAM department at all?

Cheers guys.
    If you have the Demo download I think it depends on which one you downloaded but you should be able to "Test drive" all the options, otherwise what`s the point of the Demo???
    They are all available (Not "Greyed out") in my software when i "Demo" mode!!
    I do know that you can only Post I think it is 20 lines of "G" Code and also any drawing done in "Demo" mode can`t then be opened later in the Licensed mode and vice versa.
    Also you don`t get the full run of the Verify Simulation nowadays.

Regards
    Rob

It's been awhile since I was in the "demo software" section, but there used to be different "versions" of demo you could download. Like Basic mill only....up to "everything". Maybe revisit the demo software page and see if you notice anything like that. You could also try giving them a call and see if they have any direction.

General,

Remember that the "Demo Softwares" are different than your "full install" running in "Demo Mode". (I beleive)

Burr

Cheers for the thoughts guys. Turned out to be due to me not setting the compatability of V23 to XP (I'm runnning Vista) and giving the software admin rights. Looking better now.

Quote Originally Posted by BurrMan View Post
    General,

Remember that the "Demo Softwares" are different than your "full install" running in "Demo Mode". (I beleive)

Burr
    Ahhhh, the old Vista compatability thing, I keep forgetting about that as I never used Vista, stuck with XP!!

Burr

Been a while since I was in amongst the "Demo Software" downloads myself and yes I think you are right in that they used to have all those weird levels to download, however I`m sure I read a Post somewhere that they had sort of "consolidated" them into just a couple now!! Could be wrong, like I said, been a while!!!!

Regards
    Rob
    :rainfro::rainfro:

Yah I found the V23 demo to by a tease. You can generate a 2D path, but not 3D.

Just to be clear, I haven't tried the demo in a while. I do recall something about being connected to the internet for the 3D toolpath demo to work. Make sure Anti-Virus isn't blocking BobCAD from connecting.

Again, that's only for the demo. Running in licensed does not require an active internet connection.

Things might have changed since the demo I downloaded.