584,874 active members*
4,970 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Mazak Quick Turn 25, Anybody have one?

Hello,

I am looking at a used 1988 Mazak Quick Turn 25. The machine looks pretty clean for the year and the owner claims everything works but the tool eye and the spindle is quiet. I am little scared of the year, does anyone have a Mazak turning center from the mid to late 80's? If so any comments are welcomed!

Thanks,
    Ryan

Well, Bring a stock of Aluminum/ steel with you the next time when you are going to see the machine and ask one of their operator cut you a part that you ask for........ a straight cut with a nice sphere and ID blah blah...... measure the part. Then you can tell 60% about the machine performance, but don't tell them you will do that when you come, cause they can cheat or twist like prepare ahead of time.......... this way if machine have some flauds you can see. It's still not a proof but at least you can eliminate some worry. Shut the machine off for few minutes and then turn it back on see the machine still able to read all the parameters, otherwise the machine this old it's a **tch to find the all right parameters for it. And to check Turret alignment respect spindle slap on the indicator, you can predit how bad the crack was.

Regardless how careful you are something you will find out about the machine that will not work perfect, the machine had been with them so long they know what wrong so they can just smooth that pot out. But if you find some thing right there then you can work out the better deal with them.

My 2 cent.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

we traded up to a nexus 250 a few years back from a quick turn 25 with cam t2 so it was probly about the same year. Funny thing is that ours had the tool eye knocked off not long befor it got traded in. the only problem we had was the control cabinet over heating. we had to put a air cooler on it. other than that it was still in pretty good shape. did not have a problem holding.001 tol. but less than that got tricky. My two cents is that they were pretty good machines.

Hello,
    I need the parameters for a QuickTurn 25, share or sell. Please help.

[email protected]

Thank you

Jolulank

Quote Originally Posted by UMI Performance View Post
    Hello,

I am looking at a used 1988 Mazak Quick Turn 25. The machine looks pretty clean for the year and the owner claims everything works but the tool eye and the spindle is quiet. I am little scared of the year, does anyone have a Mazak turning center from the mid to late 80's? If so any comments are welcomed!

Thanks,
    Ryan
    www.doctornumerico.com
    cnc physicians