585,931 active members*
5,528 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Pacific Scientific 5410-010 schematics

Hello,

I am looking for connection diagrams for Pacific Scientific drivers. Model number 5410-010. I believe they are fairly old, but they were freebies, so I would like to get them to work.

I am trying to build a cnc router table, and this seems to be the missing piece to the puzzle...for now.

Thanks,
    Jason

Finally found the driver documentation, but it is too large to upload. Let me know if anyone needs it.

Hi jchal3
    Just won 6 of them on ebay for $21 . And now badly need docs. Actually if not your post I would not bid. Only found communication soft here - http://www.pacsci.com/support/downloads/index.html#5400.

How is your experience with the drivers? Will they work with Mach3?

Hope they worth delivering to Ukraine. I have Oriental Motors pk299 4.5Amp for them. Going to be large cnc router.
    Thank you.

Oleks,

Mine seem to be okay, I'm still working on building the table, and getting the correct power to my motors. You are in luck, these files are digital. I tried to attach them to this post, but the file is too large. Give me your email, and I'll send them to you right away.

Sent private message with e-mail to you.
    Seems communication soft from link above communicates with drive via serial port to input moving trajectory. Is it an indexer which can't receive step/dir commands? Did you try to operate 5410 from Mach3?

Oleks,

I have not tried it with the Mach3 software yet. I am planning on using it though. The PC that I have the Mach 3 installed on puts out a 3vdc signal from the parallel port. The drivers require 5. I did however use a multimeter, and a 5vdc supply to see if the current would switch. It seemed to do so. I am going to have to find a way to get 5vdc from the parrallel port, and then continue. I have bigger problems though. My stepper motors are NEMA 43, that draw 7.9 amps each, at 60vdc so I have to get that power somewhere first.

Anyway, let me know how you get on. I emailed the maunal to you a couple minutes ago.

Thank you very much, now i see from manual we've got decent devices . I will have them in hands in 6 weeks time or so.

Thou I have a bit concern over phrase on page 6:

"Driver State Generator Transition Delay Relative To Input Step - with stability control enabled ... delay is less than 500usec..."

Somewhat big delay? And how it will influence when all axes work same time?..

Oleks,

I don't know a whole lot about these drives. I was just digging into them myself, however I do know that the three I have came off of a high speed packaging machine. I am thinking the delay is not going to be a problem, but I haven't tried it out.