585,758 active members*
4,456 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Bridgeport Machines > Bridgeport / Hardinge Mills > How do I "Traverse Axis"? Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2 TNC 155

How do I "Traverse Axis"? Bridgeport Interact 1 Mk2 TNC 155

Hi folks,

Here's my trouble.

I just got my Interact 1 Mk2 connected and turned on. The parameters were lost (and the message was in french, not german) but I had a copy printed and stuck in the back of the machine. So I entered the parameters, changed the batteries and salivated at the thought of finally using my CNC.... but alas it was not to be. I was foiled by the startup procedure. I have the user manual but couldn't figure it out.

So machine comes on
    Tests memory
    Power interupted message, I press CE
    The is wants to traverse X,Y, Z axis
    Y and Z lines are highlited indicating the limit switches are currently depressed on those axes, which is true.
    I can press the X,Y, or Z buttons and enter an offset. Not sure why I'd want to but I can.

I have a green button that I can push and it makes the fan that cools the spindle come on. The button on the spindle that indicates safe to change tools can be pushed and the fan turns off. Another button (yellow if I recall) has something to do with power enable. Sounds like a solenoid moves when that is pressed.

None of those seem to help get passed the traverse axis... What is the machine going to do when it does traverse an axis?

Right so now I try the manual mode. Enter the code 845?? system displays "software limits inactive" and the book says press external Start... well I tried every button and except the ones noted above nothing works. Moving the joysticks, handwheel....

So here I am, back at home from the shop, and I haven't even been able to make the table or spindle move.... A little disappointing, but more frustrating that I have the manual and I can't even figure out how to turn the machine on, well make it move anyway.

Last thing to note, is that one servo was replaced since the machine was new, I seem to recall that the software limits would need to be updated (as I just enetered the factory parameters) but this doesn't worry me unless the traverse axis is going to do something bad with wrong limits...

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I feel like it should be something simple like push the green button, but I pushed it with no satisfaction

Thanks

So close. Do you have a yellow button? That one should turn on the drives. then you press the green button (many times) to move axis off and then onto the home switches. If a axis is on a overtravel limit switch, the drives on will not "latch" when the yellow button is pressed. In this case you will need to hold the yellow button in and jog the offending axis off the limit. By the way, make sure the emergency stop is out.

George
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

I'm tempted to go try it now, but it's a 30 minute drive to my shop, so I'll wait until morning, but here's what I remember.

If I hit the yellow button, I hear a loud solenoid click from around the spindle. I have not tried holding it down and moving the axes. I will try that, but does the loud click sound right? If I hit the green button the spindle cooling fan goes on and the green change tool light goes out. If I then hit the yellow button, I hear a somewhat smaller click up in the spindle area.

Now the yellow button would be called power enable? The green button is called cycle start.

Of course I don't have internet at the shop. This may take a few days :S

Thanks

I think that makes sense and explains the clicks etc. Thanks George. I can't wait to try this machine!

Brian

if it is out of oil or it is actually on a hard limit it will not stay enabled, you should push the power enable button and hear the 'thump' once. If it thumps every time it is in an emo state and you need to figure that out.

Thanks Gus. It was on two hard limits and was able to move the table around today! I have a new problem. I started a new thread so the title reflects the the new problem. "Gross Postioning Error A" when I try an M03.... Oh boy