584,826 active members*
5,084 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Tormach Personal CNC Mill > For those of you with a PCNC 1100

For those of you with a PCNC 1100

What do you think? Could this be a light production machine? Is this your light production machine?

Looking to get a new mill "R&D" mill, and The rep from BOBmill actually recommended this mill for my needs and price range.

Thanks!!!

HLF, the answer is "yes". Don Clement, for one, does production machining of his telescope focuser with his Tormach, and I know that there are many others. Depending on what "production" is, I've done production (i.e. machining multiple copies of components) with my Tormach, but the majority for me is one-off prototypes and tooling.

The best thing to do if you're wondering, is contact Tormach for the name of an owner in your area who will be happy to demo their machine in person. If you were in northern California you'd be welcome in my shop (you are anyway!) The Tormach clickable map shows several owners in the Houston and Austin areas.

Randy

Yes

If you want to make small run products http://www.radesignsproducts.com or do prototypes it's the perfect machine. Actually it's just a great tool in general, been a great investment.
    RAD. Yes those are my initials. Idea, design, build, use. It never ends.
    PCNC1100 Series II, w/S3 upgrade, PDB, ATC & 4th's, PCNC1100 Series II, 4th

Yep, I use mine for production of my stuff that I sell, http://www.bluefincnc.com and it's all done on the Tormach, I use a manual knee mill for some secondary ops just cause I can. Some of us even use the milling machine as a CNC Lathe, and I don't mean with the factory lathe option. Been very happy with the machine.
    BlueFin CNC LLC
    Southern Oregon

Thanks Guys, thats what I wanted to hear!