585,722 active members*
4,440 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Thread: Laser Wanted

Laser Wanted

Where can I find just a laser without all the other gubbins?

I'm looking to add a laser cutter onto my CNC machine but I dont want another bed or anything else, just the laser cutter (or the tool so to speak)?

Anyone able to point me at some companies I'm missing?

Googling laser cutters/laser diodes and anything laser related seems to yield results only for full setups and not the cutting tool!!!

PS. The laser is to cut up to 3mm plywood so not sure what wattage is required.

Synrad has just the laser they will sell you. Check out the Firestar line which are very compact for the power output (below 60 watts they are mostly air cooled also).

www.synrad.com

Synrad would probably be the #1 choice, but you can also try Rofin.

They have a UK office and website: http://www.rofin.co.uk/

Zax.

My advice do not try Coherent Deos (especially used tube manufactured in 2004-2006). Synrad is :cheers: best choice!
    May be not bad solution for you will be chinese glass tube - cheap and available from local suppliers with warranty.

I cut 3mm plywood at 10mm/sec with a 70w chinnese tube, and with a 50mm Focal length lense. Can cut also 10mm MDF at 3mm/sec
    Luis

hey guys! I am looking for a laser tube 80 watts for my machine . . the tube keeps breaking on me. do you guys know anyone selling laser tubes for a wuhan sck1290 laser machine. Apparently the one who sold me the machine has no technical support whatsoever. . . .any help would be highly appreciated!

Quick questions.

About how much wattage to cutt through 1/4" steel?

What about 1/16" aluminum? Wattage?

How much do you think each of these tubes would cost?!?! Im curious.

If you are talking about 1/4" steel you won't do that with anything mentioned here. You will need at least a 2500 watt laser to do it effectively with any speed at all but then you can go up to 1/2" easily. Don't limit yourself to a laser that will only barely cut what you want. Hopefully you will one day expand so get a machine that you can grow a little with. I am not aware of a "bolt on" resonator for a cnc to cut 1/4" steel but maybe there is. If there is i wouldn't trust it to be of high class. If you are going to be cutting steel of 1/4" or more you need a full out laser cutter to be efficient. They are expensive but they will amaze you. If you decide this is what you want then keep this name in mind, TRUMPH. They are hands down the best on the market for laser cutters and anyone who has delt with this level of laser cutting will echo this if they have any experience at all. They are of course expensive but you dont get a cadillac for cheap. Thier resonators make rofin look like sears and roebuck. Good Luck

Ok what about 1/16" aluminum then? I have to start somewhere. 1/4"+ steel is a future endeavor. Atleast now it is But realistically,... I need something that can cut through 1/16" aluminum fast. Or atleast quickly. What wattage are we talking about for that? And about how much?

I need a first laser cutter basically. It need to cut through 1/4" acrylic and 1/16" aluminum easily. I want to build this laser cutter. Most likely using tweaked MechMate plans. This will be the machine I learn on. Hopefully downt he road one day I can buy something BIG. But for now I need something smaller.

In the next few weeks I will begin building a MechMate Router. I will enter the world of CNC through that machine. After I buiuld that router I will build another so I can double my output and have a backup. AFTER those I will want to build a laser.

Im just trying to get and idea of what the laser components would cost. Just for the hell of it, what do you think the Synrad Firestar F-Series 400W laser costs? How thick could it cut in aluminum and acrylic?

Quote Originally Posted by cvriv.charles View Post
    Im just trying to get and idea of what the laser components would cost. Just for the hell of it, what do you think the Synrad Firestar F-Series 400W laser costs? How thick could it cut in aluminum and acrylic?
    I have an older pricelist from Synrad (2007) but on that the Firestar F-400 is $55,000 and the DC supply is another $2180 (2 are required)

HOLY $@#%! Are you serious! If that costs about 60,000 what does a 2500w laser cost! LOL. I dont want to know. Is that a whole working machine? Meaing the table and mechanics and all. Or just the laser components to be added to a table?

Whats a reasonable laser then?!?! What about a 100w?!?! How much and can 100w cut through 1/16" aluminum at a reasonable speed?

OMG, lord,... i amost inhaled my morning coffee. LOL.

100W CO2 will not cut ANY thickness of metal, for cheap metal cutting buy a plasma system.

Zax.

A good used Trumph 2500 watt laser will run you probably in the neighborhood of $150,000. Zax15uk is absolutley correct if you are only looking for 400 watts or less don't waste your time and try a new endevor. Laser cutting steel or alluminum or stainless of much of any thickness is serious laser cutting and takes a real laser if you want to even halfway be productive or efficient. Just an example of what a new Trumph 5000 watt that will cut thru 1" steel like butter at about 50 ipm would set you back a cool $1.5 million. Zax15uk had a good suggestion with a cheap plasma cutter for what you want but they are complete machines, you just don't put together a hodge podge laser and expect it to really do anything much. Maybe engraving at best Good Luck.

Hi, Guys,
    We are the factory in China for laser engraving and cutting machine. Our website: http://www.zhongtailaser.com, we have good quality laser mchine and meet your demand. For more details welcome contact me.

kind regards,

Ms.June Zhu
    [email protected]
    mobile: 86 18607188502

Hello, Ms.June Zhu
    Welcome to CNCZONE but please do not post identical information in different topics. One post will be ok.

try on our 60w co2 laser machine

our website: http://www.zhongtailaser.com
    And our 60w co2 laser machine can cut 3mm plywood and the price is very good.
    If you intersted pls contact me at my email:[email protected]

Kind regards
    June
    mobile:86 18607188502

Where can I find just a laser without all the other gubbins?

I'm looking to add a laser cutter onto my CNC machine but I dont want another bed or anything else, just the laser cutter (or the tool so to speak)?

Anyone able to point me at some companies I'm missing?

Googling laser cutters/laser diodes and anything laser related seems to yield results only for full setups and not the cutting tool!!!

PS. The laser is to cut up to 3mm plywood so not sure what wattage is required.[/QUOTE]

100w glass laser tube Co2 laser machine can not cut metal,it just can cut non-metallic.becuase we do this machine,so we can make sure about this.
    We offer best quality and wonderful service.
    welcome to Zhiya.

Have you already bought the 80w laser tube for your laser engraver?
    We supply 40w,50w,60w,80w,100w laser tube,and have sent many many laser tubes to worlidwide.
    With too much experience,we know how to pack the tube to avoid breakage,and we send by DHL air express.
    The breakage seldom happen.If broken,we will send the new one again :-)
    We hope we can help you.

with best regards
    Shirley
    Cole Technology Co.,Ltd.