584,798 active members*
4,246 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Hyundai Kia > Hyundai HIT18s with Siemens 840C ...I killed it.

Exclamation Hyundai HIT18s with Siemens 840C ...I killed it.

My computer guru took out my hard disk to clone it. Per Siemens web site Ghost is bad, so he used a Linux box to image it. The computer tried to boot off the drive, this is where we believe the trouble occurred. The machine will no longer boot up. I get this error " The FlexOS system image you booted does not support your hard disk and will not execute properly." "Power off your machine and insert your Application Programmer's Toolkit disk #1 in drive A:. Execute the INSTALL program to install the correct FlexOS system image to your hard disk."

This is a DR DOS 6.0 system and the MMC version is V04.01.12 dated 94/10/27

MMC system check passes.

Anyone out there who can offer some advice? anyone have a set of OEM disks for this thing?

Smile

It lives. After several days of trying all kinds of stuff and many many disk scans and checks it appears there was a corrupt dos file on the drive, overwrote all the dos files and the machine now boots up. Our best guess is the newer Linux machine wrote to the drive too fast as it's an old 120 meg hard drive. We tried one other drive to copy the files to and kept getting bad check disk results when we put it in the lathe. After switching to a 486 133MHZ machine we had laying around the drive copied OK and worked. Siemens tech support was very helpful, would have cost me about $300 for them to reload my drive with a generic Hyundai program had I need to resort to that. Ebay came through with a set of brand new DR DOS disks for $6.00. My computer guru now understands this thing pretty good and even knows a little German now too. I have 4 solid state 128M drives on order, drives that small seem to be discontinued already, back-ordered, I'll see what I actually get. I believe the BIOS in the lathe's computer will limit me to 500M.

Dear Randy,
    I got the Sin840C and new hardisk and have exactly the same error like you about the FlexOS. May I know which Dos files that you have overwritten to get the system back to running ? I appreciate you feedback. Thanks,

Tan

Tan,
    I got a copy of DR DOS 6.0 off ebay, and I think I over wrote them all. Not sure which file was actually bad. I'll ask my computer guy and see if he remembers more.

Re: Hyundai HIT18s with Siemens 840C ...I killed it.

Hello dears.
    We machine is battery loss problem and change battery.
    Mmc file checking is all files error.
    I can restore nc plc and all other md files. But 43 ord1 plc cpu not operation ready.
    Please hit18s 840c hdd images. And mmc install procedure.
    [email protected]

After this cloning were you able to use Valitek or PC link?
    Please let me know if you still remember this operation...

Quote Originally Posted by ROMCON View Post
    After this cloning were you able to use Valitek or PC link?
    Please let me know if you still remember this operation...
    To transfer in G-code files? or something else?

Hi

I have same problem. The Hard Disk of my Simmens 840C was damaged. I installed DRDOS6.0 (someone told me this all) then past all machine data on HD then I start the machine but after boot up it stuck on

when i install the hard disk to my laptop then it starts with a maintenance manu.

can you help me please...

Quote Originally Posted by cic108 View Post
    Hi

I have same problem. The Hard Disk of my Siemens 840C was damaged. I installed DRDOS6.0 (someone told me this all) then past all machine data on HD then I start the machine but after boot up it stuck on

when i install the hard disk to my laptop then it starts with a maintenance menu.

can you help me please...
    If I remember correctly we had to use an old DOS computer to install DR Dos to the hard drive. Windows and Linux both did something that would make the disk error. I hope this helps.

Quote Originally Posted by BNR_RANDY View Post
    If I remember correctly we had to use an old DOS computer to install DR Dos to the hard drive. Windows and Linux both did something that would make the disk error. I hope this helps.
    Dear
    first of all I installed DRDOS6.0. The PC then booted good with DRDOS environment then I copy and past all data (that I have copied many days earlier) to new HDD. Then I restart my PC but it stucks at (Loading FlexOS.....) and computer hangs. After that I attached this HDD mchine's MMC unit and turned the machine ON. It boot and hang up with the message ' Loading....." . thats all
    Please tell me what is wrong?
    Note I dont have any clone OR image of HDD. I just copy and paste all files and folders including hidden and system files.
    Thanks

I did not have mine hang with "loading" I am not sure If I can offer any more help. I will ask the other guy that helped me and see if he has any ideas.

if you know hydraulic pump specification of Hyundai HiT 18S cnc lathe . please share

Hi. Can you send a hdd backup? the hdd just failed in the machine. the administrator touched it...