528,287 active members*
2,448 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Results 1 to 7 of 7
  1. #1
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15

    EMCO VMC100 TM02, MSD to tape?

    Hello,

    I've got recently an old VMC100 with TM02 controller.
    I would like to save the MSD to tape, but I can't find
    how to do this. The manuals I have only explain how
    to get the MSD from tape.

    Please, how to do this?

    Thanks!

  2. #2
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    14

    VMC 100

    hello

    I have a documents for VMC-100 if you like this documents give me your email and i send you full document for VMC-100, my problem is with tape MSD, i need this tape, can you help me

    think you








    I've got recently an old VMC100 with TM02 controller.
    I would like to save the MSD to tape, but I can't find
    how to do this. The manuals I have only explain how
    to get the MSD from tape.

    Please, how to do this?

    Thanks![/QUOTE]

  3. #3
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Quote Originally Posted by faicel View Post
    I have a documents for VMC-100 if you like this documents give me your email and i send you full document for VMC-100, my problem is with tape MSD, i need this tape, can you help me
    I'm afraid over the christmas holiday the MSD was lost from my VMC-100.
    So, it is too late now. All is lost, unless I can find MSD that would work.

    Propably, it is necessary to junk the TM-02 and retrofit a new controller.
    It seems the MSD is quite unobtainium, and nobody knows how to save
    the MSD from a working machine to tape or rs-232.

    Does your documentation show how to save the MSD? How?

  4. #4
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    14

    MSD

    Yes he is explained in the document, you can save your cassette MSD with the port RS232 in your PC but you needs a Software of transfer as (CIMCO edit, Cwork) give me your email for you sent documents, I downloaded the FILE MSD in the (format) mp3 but me can not the messenger has the machine









    Quote Originally Posted by Viilari View Post
    I'm afraid over the christmas holiday the MSD was lost from my VMC-100.
    So, it is too late now. All is lost, unless I can find MSD that would work.

    Propably, it is necessary to junk the TM-02 and retrofit a new controller.
    It seems the MSD is quite unobtainium, and nobody knows how to save
    the MSD from a working machine to tape or rs-232.

    Does your documentation show how to save the MSD? How?

  5. #5
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    14

    save MSD

    please send me your email, i send you the full documents

    jeamai_faicel@hotmail.com











    Quote Originally Posted by Viilari View Post
    Hello,

    I've got recently an old VMC100 with TM02 controller.
    I would like to save the MSD to tape, but I can't find
    how to do this. The manuals I have only explain how
    to get the MSD from tape.

    Please, how to do this?

    Thanks!

  6. #6
    Registered
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    15
    Now I have the MSD, but there is a problem in entering the R values at monitor.

    Some R values are more than 256.0 in decimal, and the control changes them into negative values. For example, 296.0 changes into -40. I think this is some EMCO presentation for fixed point decimal values, ranging from -256 to 256, and shown as 0-512 in data.

    Also, there are no negative values in the printed MSD, only positive. This applies also for R06-R09 which are negative software limits.

    Anyone? What does your control show as R00 in the controller, and what does it show in the MSD printed via RS-232?

    Thanks!!

  7. #7

    Join Date
    Sep 2020
    Posts
    3

    Re: EMCO VMC100 TM02, MSD to tape?

    Greetings. Did you ever get your MSD issues resolved? I also recently purchased a VMC 100 and would love to get my hands on a valid MSD Tape!

Similar Threads

  1. VMC100/TM02 memory backup battery?
    By Viilari in forum EMCO Mills
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 09-22-2020, 06:35 AM
  2. Emco VMC100 Rebuild .. I need help..!
    By enok1969 in forum Norwegian
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 07-28-2017, 11:07 AM
  3. Emco VMC100 rebuild
    By 30tooo in forum Benchtop Machines
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-18-2017, 01:36 PM
  4. Need TM02 (VMC100) Main Drive Board
    By calmissile in forum EMCO CNC Machines
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-08-2013, 05:40 AM
  5. Emco F1s VMC100.. Help ..
    By hjallis in forum European Club House
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 02-15-2010, 12:44 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •