585,987 active members*
4,265 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Events, Product Announcements Etc > Want To Buy...Need help! > jet-16 mill/drill need basic collets and tools

jet-16 mill/drill need basic collets and tools

howdy, in new to this, well not really, i have been around machining and fabrication for a long time. However, i just bought my first mill/drill, a JET-16 (12-speed, 1986) to do some basic/rough prototypes for my lighting company and it did not come with anything...

so, im looking for some basic R8 tool holders, endmill bits, vises and clamps. Also, one of the belts (motor final drive belt) has a rip and I will need to replace soon... where can i find a replacement? an autoparts store?

any suggestions or stuff for sale would be a great help to me!
    thanks.

so am asking really dumb stuff? i dont think so, but im not sure

foos,
    OK, last one first, the belt- I got my replacements at the local industrial supply house. Your in a big town and I am sure there are several around. Either that, or order from someone like MSC or McMaster Carr.

As for the tooling, I have gotten most of mine from places like Enco (watch the sales and get the free shipping code) and a little bit from Ebay. As for the vice, I would look seriously at the Glacern as there are good reports on them and I also recently bought some R8 Tool holders from them while they were on sale and the fit and finish is excellent. Been to cold in the shop to give them a try yet (it just reached up to 32° at 2:30PM) and I have no heat up there.
    clamp sets again look to many of the various distributors, Enco, CDCO, Shars, Ebay, etc.
    By looking, you can get some good deals and over time build up your tooling.

OH, by the way, not a dumb question; but I just saw you post!
    Art
    AKA Country Bubba (Older Than Dirt)