584,841 active members*
4,586 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Haas Machines > Haas Lathes > Tool Turret Fault Alarm on TL-1 with no Turret?

Tool Turret Fault Alarm on TL-1 with no Turret?

I keep getting a Tool Turret Alarm on my 2005 TL-1 lathe. Funny thing is it doesn't have a Turret. It started a few months ago and it's an intermittent problem. It seems like it's getting worse, but it could just seem that way because I need to run some asap parts today. Anyone ever have this happen on their lathe?

What is the machine doing when it alarms? Changing tool? spindle running? cutting parts? any particular code that it seems to be running when it does it? does it only do it on start up? or after machine not been at rest?

It was doin' it to me yesterday when I was in the intuitive programming mode in manual. I was trying to start the spindle and it was giving me the alarm. I kept pressing reset and the alarm would clear then I'd hit the fwd or rev button and it would alarm. I tried to start the spindle in mdi and it gave me an alarm also. Tried running the warmup program and it worked. Sometimes it will alarm when I'm in the middle of a program but usually pressing reset and re-starting the program will take care of it for a while. Yesterday it was being especially difficult. It alarmed once and I couldn't get the spindle started then I tried an m5 in mdi and after that it worked again. It's an intermittent problem and it doesn't act the same each time. I'm wondering if it needs a software update. It's a 2005 TL-1 so it's one of the eariler ones. It might be a setting that's not correct, but I don't know which ones to check for specifing wether or not there is a turret.

I think the wiring for the turret is preinstalled down under a cover on the cross-slide. Maybe chips and/or coolant have got in somehow and are shorting something intermittently. It seems funny that you have run the machine for a long time without problems and then have this happen. Hardly seems a Setting or softgware problem unless you have been changing things.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

I haven't changed anything since 05 when we couldn't get the rs232 port to work. It was under warrantee and the Haas Tech swapped out the main board to try to diagnose the problem. It wasn't the board but the tech found a bad ribbon cable when re-installing our old board. Except for that there have been no service calls or changes to the machine.

Ok,
    Check parameter 710
    should be set at 2
    then check setting 113 'tool change method'
    should be set as 'tl post'

Hope this helps

Haas Man you might be on to something. I checked setting 113 and it didn't even show up. Then I looked at parameter 710 and it was set to 1. After changing it to 2, setting 113 showed up and it was set to TL POST.

I started the warm up and it worked fine so far. I've got a few parts to run today, so if it doesn't act up I owe you a brewski :cheers:

Two days of running so far without the problem showing up. Thanks again Haas Man

The machine's been working ok running programs and ips programs, but now when I try to send the machine to home positon I'm getting an error that says the turret isn't clamped. (chair)

Are there any other settings/parameters that relate to this?

What software version do you have?
    You can find it on the screen on power up.

At power up the screen says the following:

VER L06.07N
    MOCON 12.06
    2-10-05
    TL-1