585,766 active members*
4,223 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > Lines disappearing

Lines disappearing

We just started having this problem with our V.22,when the cursor is moved into the work area the lines of the drawing disappear they will not come back until you remove the cursor from the work area and scroll in or out. Its almost as if the drawing is hiding from the cursor. We have V.22 running fine on another box and it was working fine until a couple of days ago. Ive tried uninstalling and reinstalling the software but it doesnt help, thanks in advance for any assistance that might be offered...Jeff

It sounds almost like a video issue. Either with the video card (possible bad memory) or something with video driver. Have you updated any drivers recently on that system? And what system are you running? windows 7, etc?

Its running 7,Im not certain if any new updates have came down on it,I thought maybe it was a video issue as well but havent noticed anything out of the ordinary in the video settings/drivers. It would seem if it was an update more users would be affected by the problem?

I remember now I had a similar problem with V24. I had to turn off windows desktop compositing. Was causing havoc with my system when I ran Bobcad. You can find it in control panel>system properties>advanced>performance. Just uncheck the box that says use desktop compositing.

Give that a try and see. Other than that I'm out of ideas at moment

Ill sure give it a try,thanks for your help.

No joy there. There appears to be some files that are not being deleted on reinstall,not sure where they are hiding but they are involved in the preferences and settings for Bobcad. I tink if I could get a truly clean reinstall it may solve my issue,anyone know where the 'hidden'files are located?

In V22, for me to get a clean install, I would delete the program files folder, then also the registry keys. Also, to get a good full clean install, I would delete both predators (and the key) to force the installer to jump through that hoop too. I dont remember, but I think the key was under HKLM back then, but I would look at HKLM "And" HKCU-Software-BobCad-Cam. BobCad would write Actual build keys.

When you re-install, be sure to run the 1326 full installer, THEN the 1812 update to that...........