585,556 active members*
3,632 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > BobCad-Cam > BobCAD V23 Crashes

BobCAD V23 Crashes

I have recently bought BobCAD V23 and after a shaky start with BSOD caused by my Nvidia drivers(now rolled back to original windows in parts) I have been playing about with it without too much trouble.... Until I had just finished posting and saving code for a plasma cut part when it crashed again. I rebooted and tried to run BCad but it say's application has stopped working
    A little help please?

What OS are you running?
    I had similar problems with Vista.
    I am running it on XP and Windows 7 now with no problems.

I had the same problem, i run Vista and today had to go into my programs in the control panel and did a repair and that got me up and running again.
    David

Yep, I'm running under the dreaded V-I-S-T-A an operating system so terrible I dare not speak it's name!

I tried a repair.

And a complete uninstall.

Neither worked!

I tried deleting a couple of files in the registry on the advice of Kage at Bobcad. Still no Joy.

I now have work piling up around my ears.

And a hundreds of bucks worth of software.

And a pistol

And a rope.

You are installing the update, right? (Build 1493):

http://www.bobcad.com/updates/

Heya Mcphil

I only bought this software 3 weeks ago I would have thought it wouldn't need updating. I can't find what build version I have because I can't run the program!

I will give it a shot however.

Thanks I will post results after I try the update.

Watch this space...

Ok I installed latest drivers including all optional Nvidia graphic drivers. Then I installed the patch, then I installed the update. Still no joy.

Here is error report for any with technical know how to decipher.

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: BobCAD23.exe
    Application Version: 23.0.151.1493
    Application Timestamp: 4aa97190
    Fault Module Name: Common0004R.dll
    Fault Module Version: 0.0.0.0
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4a959fbd
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000299a
    OS Version: 6.0.6002.2.2.0.768.3
    Locale ID: 2057
    Additional Information 1: 577b
    Additional Information 2: a83031d9e30116ed3a6f114116720622
    Additional Information 3: 449f
    Additional Information 4: 91b415323e583f1974e888420a833771

Aargh!

What must I do to make this work?

Have you changed how vista runs the program under the properties menu? Right click on the icon and go the compatibility, click on disable desktop composition, and click on run as admin. Do this after you reinstall the software. The disk will prompt you to reinstall or upgrade, do the reinstall.
    I'm running vista 64 bit and have had a little troubles at the start but it's settled out now with the reinstall.

The error you are getting is related to the machine file. I am not sure what happened, but it looks as if it got corrupted. Here is an easy fix you can try:

Open the folder \\Program Files\\BobCAD-CAM\\BobCAD-CAM V23\\Posts\\Mill\\
    In this folder delete the MillingMachineSetup.bin file (be careful because there is also a .txt file in here).
    When the file is deleted, double click on the MillingMachineSetupTxtToBin.exe file. This will re-create the machine file.

The other thing I would try is removing the Tool files for the system. If you were working on a plasma/laser/waterjet program it could have done something there. Simply go to \\Program Files\\BobCAD-CAM\\BobCAD-CAM V23\\MillingTechnology\\Tools\\Mill\\ and delete all of the files in this folder.

Let us know how that works for you.

Regards

Problem Solved!

Ok guys, thanks so much for your help

... but the new BobCad support ticket system came through for me and they remote controlled my solution. The friendly guy who helped me out said that it was a known problem when posting with plasma. He also said that they are planning to release an update that tackles this issue shortly.

It looked to me as though he did what The One said said to do though. Just in case anyone else reads this thread with similar problem.

Again thanks guys.

Thank YOU for the follow up. I'm sure it will help someone in the future. Glad you're up and running.

Dongal not working Bob Cad v23

Desperate, can any one help me?
    I have installed Bob Cad v23 onto a new Dell Laptop with windows 7 -64bit Home Premum. First I was getting two error messages #42 and#15 have fixed that all good.
    Now the program is not recognising my dongal (it is being used in other laptops and pc's) so we know the dongal works. It's just now working in the new Dell computer (running windows 7 Home Premum -64bit)
    Derek

Be sure to set the compatability settings to XP and also the "Run as Administrator" on the BobCad executable.

Quote Originally Posted by drkjstanley View Post
    I have installed Bob Cad v23 onto a new Dell Laptop with windows 7 -64bit Home Premum. First I was getting two error messages #42 and#15 have fixed that all good.
    Now the program is not recognising my dongal (it is being used in other laptops and pc's) so we know the dongal works. It's just now working in the new Dell computer (running windows 7 Home Premum -64bit)
    Derek
    Run as Administrator the 1st time you start up the program - fixed it for me

Quote Originally Posted by drkjstanley View Post
    Derek
    Are you running the laptop in a docking station? Try placing it in a different USB slot if you haven't already. I have USB ports not recognize other hardware and just unplugging and placing in another USB will force it to grab a new IRQ and re-register. If you have it in a docking station, take it out. Docking stations can interfere with some dongles.

Angry

Quote Originally Posted by noyloj View Post
    Yep, I'm running under the dreaded V-I-S-T-A an .......

I now have work piling up around my ears.

And a hundreds of bucks worth of software.

And a pistol

And a rope.

Right there with you.... bobcad has crashed on me hundreds of times- no rhym or reason though, weve re installed it, checked and double checked our hardware which is brand new- it will work for a while then bam.... for no apparent reason it just stops working, sometimes we get a message, sometimes it locks up, sometimes it just disappears along with all my work.

NOw, Today there is something new.... it wont even start. try to open up and all i get is the "bobcad V24 stopped working"! no idea why and nothing has worked, even did a restore. driving me nuts

Cool BobCad V23 With Win7-8

Maybe not the wright place to ask but will it work with Windows 7 or 8 I need to replace my office tower and need to know what I'm in for thank's Kevin

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by hatchmar View Post
    Right there with you.... bobcad has crashed on me hundreds of times- no rhym or reason though, weve re installed it, checked and double checked our hardware which is brand new- it will work for a while then bam.... for no apparent reason it just stops working, sometimes we get a message, sometimes it locks up, sometimes it just disappears along with all my work.

NOw, Today there is something new.... it wont even start. try to open up and all i get is the "bobcad V24 stopped working"! no idea why and nothing has worked, even did a restore. driving me nuts
    hey - bobcad tech support was right on top of it and at least fixed my most recent problem- not sure why but after i added a new tap it just got mad and stopped working. had to clear my tooling files out and it works now

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin Taylor View Post
    Maybe not the wright place to ask but will it work with Windows 7 or 8 I need to replace my office tower and need to know what I'm in for thank's Kevin
    not sure but there is a "system requirements" setion on their website

I run it now under Win 7. You need to right click the program in the start menu and set it to run under XP compatibility mode. Otherwise, no issues really.