585,602 active members*
3,403 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal 4020 Milling Spindle Problem

Fadal 4020 Milling Spindle Problem

Hey guys, last couple of days my fadal has been acting up. I would turn on spindle only to hear some weird noises coming from it then the spindle would overload on the gauges. Any ideas what could be happening? i double checked the spindle oil, about halfway full. Perhaps the oil isn't getting to the spindle or the lines may be clogged? Currently, the spindle wont start anymore at all. It was able to run a little with noise but now nothing. Almost sounded like dry bearings or something, but then again i could be wrong.

Had one other question, about the oil filter on the back of the machine. There are two connections on top of the filter, on my machine they are both connected to each other. Is this correct? or has someone made a mistake here?

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance! (if pictures are required, i will post them. Just mention what you would like a picture of)

Free hand turn the spindle with the power off. If you still hear the noise... then it's most likely mechanical i.e. bearing, Spindle belt ect.. Noise only with the power on is generally electrical or electrical mechanical. i.e loose encoder, wires, or board. Pegging the load meter...maybe a motor driver problem or connection to same??
    Any error messages? Burned insulation smells? Other thoughts, shift idler bearings... How old is the machine?
    Steve

I sent you a message...I can help you out over the phone if you can send me your phone number.
    Need help with your Fadal? Send me a message or visit www.TheFadalParts.com. We have over 25 years of experience at Fadal and offer FREE TECHNICAL SUPPORT OVER THE PHONE!