585,663 active members*
3,148 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SOLVED...Mazak QT20 several alarms

Hi,

Some weeks ago I serviced the above mentioned machine, it used to show 3 alarms on the screen:

a) 201 - Breaker trip
    b) 221 - Turret clamp sensor malfunction
    c) 33 - Emergency stop

The machine had been just sitting there for more than a year when I was called in, actually I was the third tech in the lineup. Originally the spindle drive of this machine was sent to Mitsubishi for a mayor repair, but when it returned fixed the machine wouldn't work.

I found out that alarms a & b were caused due to the +24 volts power supply being zeroed because of a short circuit between the footswitch wiring and ground.

So I focused on the 3rd one and after some reading I figured out this E-stop alarm was caused by the machine's drives system, it was not the general E-stop machine alarm wich has another code (number) and is caused by the lack of continuity in the E-stop string.

The #33 alarm was present because somebody, at some moment, took off a piece named Terminator (or final connector) from the spindle drive and forgot to put it back, so we ordered a new piece with MEAU, rechecked all the rotary switches in the drives configuration and everything got back on track.

I decided to upload a video showing that service, hoping it will be used as reference/help by somebody out there, there are some pictures here also.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vmsnCstUe0U"]YouTube- SOLVED... Mazak QTN10/QT20[/ame]
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails QT20.jpg   Terminator.JPG   Terminator tag.JPG