585,930 active members*
3,550 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Fadal side mount tool changer looses numbers

Fadal side mount tool changer looses numbers

Control is loosing position of tools in the side mount changer. ...what things to looks for?
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Check Hall effect switch inside turret,
    DI (enter)
    Ds (enter)
    Look for turret swicht
    press botton on screen jumps from 0 to 1
    Swapp 1040 mill interface card.

Carbidecraters--
    The Di/DS screen will not show the DATC turret switch. Go to Enter Next Command and enter DI and then DD. This gives you the DATC screen Select option for the sensor status screen.
    Neal

Arm will not move with #3 and #4...bucket moves fine and turret rotates. We hear the clicking from the 1330 card in the back and what appears to be an overload relay moving in and out...not quite sure what it is. Interlock is hooked up. We show a ATC communication error with 1330 card. Right now I suspect the card but I dont know what else to check.
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Arm will not move and has not since we got this in

verfy that the head is at tool change position. Lookfor the LED on the 1330 card for Head at tool change.

Neal

Found light was not on and we jumped sensor wire and triggered tool change. Found sensor is bad and will replace. Now we have to adjust tool changer in X axis to agree with spindle after we replace the sensor. Neal you are a great help thank you for checking with theonline group on a Saturday!

:beer:

Carbide---
    You lost me here! What does the X axis have to do with the tool change? If you meant the Z axis, the sensor going bad should not have changed the physical position of the tool change zero! The sensor needs to be adjusted to match the Z zero position!!

Neal

PS: Thanks for the Beer!