585,996 active members*
4,510 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Benchtop Machines > table power feed RF-45 type mill, non-cnc

table power feed RF-45 type mill, non-cnc

Does anyone have experience with these x-axis 'bolt-on' power feed units? This particular one comes under the name 'Shars' but as usual, I have seen clones & look-alikes. I've also seen higher torque 'Bridgeport' units adpted to RF45 machines, but usually they have to make table adapter plates & leadscrew mods. This one looks pretty easy if I understand, remove the manual handle, mount the gear with integral matching spline & clamp the power unit on.

I wont include the ebay# because the link will die eventually, but here are some pics & specs.

TABLE POWER FEED MILLING FOR JET MACHINE RONG FU MILL NEW!
    Description:
    X Travers
    Torque: 135in/lb
    For 5/8" Shaft with 3 jaw chuck coupler
    For table model mill and drill machines with 135in/lb of torque
    Easy to install, no modification needed
    High quality design and construction
    Circuit panel is designed for easy replacement with insert type connectors
    Clutch gear assembly has torque limit
    When power feed is working and accepting a tremendous obstacle, the clutch gear assembly will automatically disengage the power feed in order to reduce damage
    Instructions manual included

Speed range is 0-165rpm
    Voltage: 110v
    Mounting Adapter Accessories:
    The power feed is connected to the lead screw via a 3 jaw chuck coupler with teeth on the outer ring, particularly JET milling machine
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rf 45 - 1.jpg   rf45 powerfeed 2.jpg   rf45 powerfeed 1.jpg  

Power feed ...

When I bought my Lathemaster rf45 mill I purchased the power feed unit for it from them at the same time... it worked great for years until I went cnc.... If you do not have cnc ya gotta have at least a power feed unit on the X axis.... makes smooth cuts a breeze. It kinda clamps onto the pocket on the end of the table where the coolant can collect and the gear is like a ring and pinion that works on a gear you attatch to the leadscrew after you remove the manual hand wheel. Then it is just a couple bolts to tighten and a slight adjustment to make sure it meshes with the leadscrew gear and you're done.. Takes maybe five minutes... if you are not gonna go cnc anytime soon I say go for it....peace

I have one too.

Don't leave home without it!

Mine looks just like that one. Nice part, perhaps a bit winery motor wise.