585,766 active members*
4,400 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > MadCAM > Madcam 5 axis please

Madcam 5 axis please

We are looking for a solution to our modeling needs. We are using a 3dx microscribe and want to use rhino for the model and madcam for the 5 axis machining. I have seen the videos of 5 axis inmotion on Madcam's website. Is the program close to completion?
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Join the club, I use the Microscribe and Rhino as well.

I have the demo of Madcam... but I just took delivery of my 5 axis machine. a month out before it's up and running so I haven't played with Madcam yet.

Are you planning to do positional 5-axis (3+2 axis) or full simultaneous 5-axis? If the answer is positional (as in rotate the machine to the position then cut) then yes it's fully ready for that. We use it every day to program 3+2 paths for our Hermle machines.

Dan
    (Note: The opinions expressed in this post are my own and are not necessarily those of CNCzone and its management)

Simultaneous 4-axis and 4+1 is fine as well.

We need full simultaneous 5 axis machining. The Demo video shows exactly what we want. From what Williamsmotower is saying it shouldnt be much longer. Solutions like Madcam are what keep the industry fresh! I cannot wait to pick it up!
    We have had good luck with our Fadals milling mostly soft steel and aluminum up to 5 axis. We are always looking for spare parts If you have a broken down Fadal give a shout.

Perfect. Good luck then!

Hey havent heard back from anyone I dont htink the full 5 axis was finished. Any word on the street?

Call or e-mail Joachim directly to get more info, but 5 axis is out there.

Hey we are ready to plunk down tons of dough on mastercam (and not happy about it). Does he do custom posts?
    Hey smile you only get one chance every second!

Quote Originally Posted by Cswife View Post
    Hey we are ready to plunk down tons of dough on mastercam (and not happy about it). Does he do custom posts?
    You didn't call him, did you?..

I called him a while ago and spoke with him on the phone