585,996 active members*
4,575 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Chinese spindle bearing failure

My 2.2 kw spindle from Chinese ebay vender has just has a bearing failure after a year of part time use. I'm wondering if anyone has successfully changed these bearings, and can outline proper procedure, and suggest replacement bearing? Thanks!

I an beginning to think some of these bearing failures might be related to VFD-induced shaft currents and resulting EDM discharge through the bearings. You guys need to ground your motor shafts with brushes or whatever you've got to the motor body and the VFD. Don't whine about bad or cheap bearings when the problem is grounding the shaft.

I would buy these spindles used if sold at the right price. (Anyone here can send PM if interested)

Quote Originally Posted by server0 View Post
    I an beginning to think some of these bearing failures might be related to VFD-induced shaft currents and resulting EDM discharge through the bearings. You guys need to ground your motor shafts with brushes or whatever you've got to the motor body and the VFD. Don't whine about bad or cheap bearings when the problem is grounding the shaft.

I would buy these spindles used if sold at the right price. (Anyone here can send PM if interested)
    This thread is nearly 2 years old. Despite what people believe; the Chinese seem to be working quite hard at building better and better stuff. They aren't the Japanese who seem driven to always get it right at first, but the Chinese are definitely interested in improving a flawed product.