585,712 active members*
4,220 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

G320X problems

If you have enough money, time and nerves then you bay G320X
    This drivers work only with some encoders and motors but nobody tell you this before you bay them
    Then when you looking for support Gecko drive suggest that you look for help on forums (I DIDN'T BAY ANYTHING FROM YAHOO or CNC ZONE)
    Gecko drive don't know different from schematic and description or they just don't care after they take your money mostly they ignore anything you asked
    I'm really disappointed with GECKO DRIVE and support the have so it is much better that you bay drivers from Leadshine or Leetro and you will have help and support because Chinese care about customers

Quote Originally Posted by jasko View Post
    If you have enough money, time and nerves then you bay G320X
    This drivers work only with some encoders and motors but nobody tell you this before you bay them
    Then when you looking for support Gecko drive suggest that you look for help on forums (I DIDN'T BAY ANYTHING FROM YAHOO or CNC ZONE)
    Gecko drive don't know different from schematic and description or they just don't care after they take your money mostly they ignore anything you asked
    I'm really disappointed with GECKO DRIVE and support the have so it is much better that you bay drivers from Leadshine or Leetro and you will have help and support because Chinese care about customers
    So what encoders or motors have you tried that didn't work?

Jasko, I don't know exactly what went on between you and Gecko, but I have personally found them to be extremely responsive, always helpful, and a company that makes sure their customers are happy and successful with the products.

If you have a specific question about how to use their products, post it and I'll bet you'll get an answer back very quickly.

If you're just going to randomly complain, I have to take it as hearsay.

Sincerely,

BW
    Try G-Wizard Machinist's Calculator for free:
    http://www.cnccookbook.com/CCGWizard.html

Gecko support problems??????

Hi Jasko,
    I have to go with Bob on this one,
    Gecko has the kind of support I was proud to give my customers when I was in retail. The Zone is chock full of examples that would disprove your statement of poor service. I can't speak directly to the service that you received but would be shocked if it was more than an aberration.

I do know that the G320x is unforgiving of poor encoders since it has encoder failure detection but there is a workaround for the poor encoders. IIRC it defeats the encoder failure detection but it does allow the drive to run your less than perfect encoders.

In deference to your frustration, please feel free to ask a question and wee will see if we can help out.
    Mike.
    Warning: DIY CNC may cause extreme hair loss due to you pulling your hair out.

Without going into details, we bent way over backwards for this guy and that still wasn't enough for him. We get about 1 a year like him.

Mariss

Hi
    Ok I have to explain everything
    I'm not a bad gay and I don't have history with Gecko
    This is may first experience with them and I'm sorry more then them its finish like this
    I'm professional builder of cnc machine and I LOVE cnc
    When I decide to bay my first Gecko I go to official gecko site and look for description of drivers and decide to bay G320X because they sad that this is best they made
    I bay 5 pcs and tried to connect them following manual I get with drivers
    NO WAY Because:
    Where on official gecko drive site or manual they explain that g320x work only with specific encoders and motors?
    Where they explain that you suppose to use some resistors if tray to use another encoders?
    Where they have connecting schematic for g320x.?
    Where they explain how connect err to stop all axes if one stop? I even call them from Bosnia and Herzegovina and they sad that I can look for answer on forums
    Then when I see that this not working I order g340 and just replace G320x and everything work perfect
    All my question is finish with ignoring or suggestion to look on forums
    This is reason I wrote this on forum
    Mariss please check message I sent to Janice and Marcus and if you find any answer on my question in they reply (if they reply) I will apologize to you and all people in this forum and admit that I'm bed person but if you don't I expect you to apologize to me.
    I sad again I'm sorry because of this situation and maybe I'm just bed luck because I decide to bay Gecko after hear that they have good product.
    If I didn't bay g320x probably I will be another happy customer but even unhappy customer is customer.
    I also want to thanks a Mark for offering me a help but this is not point
    When I bay a product I expect support from producer and not spending hours
    on forums looking for answers
    So I apologize to all people that I hurt with my post but if I have reply from Gecko this will newer happen
    Jasko