585,748 active members*
3,513 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Siemens Sinumerik CNC controls

I've always been interested in the Siemens CNC controls.. Never used them but I've heard a few good things about them.

I don't know if anyone here actually has or uses them but I thought I would toss in a few quick links to them if anyone is interested.

I am already considering one of the 802's when I go to get a new CNC.

The Sinumerik 840D
    http://www.sea.siemens.com/us/Indust...ERIK_840D.aspx

http://www.sea.siemens.com/us/News/I...tion-Line.aspx

http://www.automation.siemens.com/mc...780/index.aspx

This is but a few pages of their site..

Their site is pretty helpful and the manuals are downloadable.

Greg

The only ones I have had experience with were the NT based systems, the ordinary PC supply had a fairly high failure rate and if you lost the HD it cost $1k. to get a replacement so it pays to clone the original ASAP.
    Al.
    CNC, Mechatronics Integration and Custom Machine Design

“Logic will get you from A to B. Imagination will take you everywhere.”
    Albert E.

Hi There Greg,
    When i was searching to update my G&L cnc lathe to a new cnc control it was mind boggeling just trying to go thru all the info on all the types of controls out there. I finally went with an LNC control. they are from Taiwan but most of your controls are made there and private labeled anyways, but you can contact Jeff at http://www.broussardent.com/ he is the US rep for the controls, it is running my big lathe no prob and i love the control. If you contact Jeff just tell him that i told ya to call.
    Helmut Jr

Hello everyone,
    I am Romanus live in London and a CNC programmer very proficient in sinumerik 810d and 840d seimens controls and would be willing to offer help in this field.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    Hello everyone,
    I am Romanus live in London and a CNC programmer very proficient in sinumerik 810d and 840d seimens controls and would be willing to offer help in this field.

Thanks
    I am Kazim.
    I have lathe machine with 6 axis and control 880 t but control is not working
    our company want to install step 7 with 840 d what software and hardware i will need in detail and can we do all NC plc etc programming i have only plc and c++ knowledge
    how g-codes are converted in machine which software is used
    thanks and regards
    kazim

looking for sinumerik postprocessor(810d) for mastercam v9

Quote Originally Posted by Roma View Post
    Hello everyone,

Thanks
    Hello
    I am naveen from india recently i got my own machine with sinumerik control i am looking for postprocessor For 810d for mastercam v9.Can u help me.

Quote Originally Posted by Hele63 View Post
    Hi There Greg,
    When i was searching to update my G&L cnc lathe to a new cnc control it was mind boggeling just trying to go thru all the info on all the types of controls out there. I finally went with an LNC control. they are from Taiwan but most of your controls are made there and private labeled anyways, but you can contact Jeff at http://www.broussardent.com/ he is the US rep for the controls, it is running my big lathe no prob and i love the control. If you contact Jeff just tell him that i told ya to call.
    Helmut Jr
    Helmut, can you tell us what pther electronics hardware and servos,motors etc.. did you have to replace to get your new controller and your machine working? What was the cost? How many hours of software writing was involved. I'm looking at Siemens and Fanuc and am always looking for information to compare them to.
    Maybe LNC is a cost effective way to go rather then the market big-boys.
    Is it modeled on a Fanuc control as most of the midrange controllers seem to be?