585,894 active members*
4,155 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

SIEMENS 810D NEWBIE

HI all,

I am a total siemens 810d newbie,we got bought a new machine at work with it on,and i self taught myself more or less,anyway i got a problem,is there a code to put in the program for the tool mag to index into position for the new tool while the machine is machining?
    SUB CONTRACT MACHINING,CNC PROGRAMMER USING POWEMILL,MASTERCAM,MECHNICIAL DESIGN ENGINEER USING AUTOCAD,INVENTOR,POWERSHAPE www.cadtechuk.co.uk

That would depend on if you are using tools that are locked in the magazine (oversize or offset)or that can be freely moved around? Typically just the tool number with no tool change call out will advance the mag.

That would depend on if you are using tools that are locked in the magazine (oversize or offset) or can be freely moved around. Typically the tool number with no tool change request info (no M6) will advance the magazine to the next position.

Sorry for the double message. Did not think the first one went through. forgot to refresh browser.

what type of machine did you use? i'm using 810D with deckel maho machining center

call the next tool in GCode as you normally would, but omit the M6, this preselects the tool. It will only do the actual toolchange on receiving M06.
    Put the preselecter call straight after the M6 / M06 of the tool you are using.

Only works on sidemount ATC's with twin gripper arm as far as I am aware.

If that makes any sence?

John