585,930 active members*
3,817 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAD Software > Solidworks > Annotation help... or is there a better way?

Question Annotation help... or is there a better way?

Scenerio:

I am making 3D drawings to convert to Edrawings. These drawings are of setups used in a machine shop on CNC and manual machines. Some of these setups are somewhat elaborate and need notes to determine the X,Y, and Z offsets. Some notes call out a fixture, set of jaws, parallels, and/or step blocks etc.

Problem:

When I make these assemblies I need to be able to keep my annotations nice and neat so they do not become jumbled all together and make it hard to read through Edrawings on the shop floor. When I make the annotations they seem to look fine in one view but as soon as you spin the part around the annotation is a mile off in the wrong direction.

Question:

How do I fix the annotations where I want them in 3D space on Solidworks 2009?

IDK
    IMO annotations are meant to be used on drawings.
    Place your 3D views in a drawing and be done with it.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Quote Originally Posted by DareBee View Post
    IDK
    IMO annotations are meant to be used on drawings.
    Place your 3D views in a drawing and be done with it.
    I wish it were that easy but I dont get paid to put them in a 2d drawing, my boss wants a 3d model so the guys on the shop floor can rotate and zoom the setup.

Problem resolved:

I am just going to use the Comments feature in Edrawings :wee:

FYI
    If you edrawing a multi view slddrw. You CAN rotate and zoom in on the model but still revert to the originally produced 2d document that has the appropriate title blocks, dims, notes, etc.
    If you are using edrawings pro you can also allow the "shop floor" to measure anything they want to.
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

Have you tried writing your comments on your parts and then extruding or cutting. Then change the face colors.