585,992 active members*
5,495 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Employment Opportunity / RFQ (Request for Quote). > Employment Opportunity > Small (1 sqr inch) 6061 Alu parts, Hardcoat anodized
Page 1 of 2 12

Small (1 sqr inch) 6061 Alu parts, Hardcoat anodized

I need 500 pieces of these small spacers made from 6061 Alu.

There are:
    3 through threads UNC 2-56
    1 through hole 4.5mm diameter with light chamfer both sides
    2 through holes 2.5mm diameter

2 through holes 3mm diameter are designed for fixturing IF NEEDED, if not needed for fixturing, both may be eliminated

All holes may be drilled, they do not have tight size tolerances, position of the holes must be retained.

Parts should be tumble polished after machining to break the sharp edges and clean up the surface then HARDCOAT anodized black. Care must be taked during anodizing to not damage the 2-56 threads.

Part thickness is 6mm, +0/-0.05mm
    Outer contour should not be oversize, it can be up to minus 0,07mm

The PDF drawing is for a price quote, I will supply a final drawing for production as either a DXF/DWG or Solidworks 2009 drawing as desired.

Questions? Please email me: [email protected]
    I can't pay a fortune for these but this is a good job for a small VMC. I just don't have the time to make these myself right now.

Payment via CreditCard or Paypal

Thanks for looking!
    Attached Files Attached Files
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Here's another small part I need, very similar to the first one.

Material: 6061 Alu, hardcoat black anodized
    Quantity: 500 pieces

These are pretty easy, the holes can be drilled, there are no tolerance problems there, the thickness needs to be within the specified tolerances which should also be easy enough.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Kevin, what is the smallest radius in the profile of the second part? Is this a one time order? Do you have a delivery date in mind for both parts? If the parts are completely deburred on the machine, do you still require a tumbled finish before anodizing?

Kevin, email sent.
    Russ kinsey

Quote Originally Posted by Matt@RFR View Post
    Kevin, what is the smallest radius in the profile of the second part? Is this a one time order? Do you have a delivery date in mind for both parts? If the parts are completely deburred on the machine, do you still require a tumbled finish before anodizing?
    Sorry about the missing dimensions, I've posted a revised PDF below with all radius info.

I'd like to get these around the end of Feb.

300 of each would also do me.

This could be a job that comes back, last time I made the 2nd spacer I made a bunch and they lasted about 6 months. However, I don't want to make any promises, the way things are these days...

If the parts are deburred then a tumble finish won't be needed.

It is no problem for me to have all the parts Hardcoat anodized, so anybody can feel free to quote un-anodized too.

All holes can be drilled using a drill bit, no reaming to size is needed. The location will requires spotting or whatever to LOCATE the position, that's important. For the size, if it's a 2.5mm hole, use a 2.5mm drill bit, that will fine.

What can't walk all over the place is the thickness of the parts, as these are spacers! The outer contour has more tolerance latitude.

I usually use AlMgSi1 (6082 T6) Alu for these parts I thought 6061 would be easier to find in the USA, but 6082 is also fine by me.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Hi KevinWilkins

The thickness tolerance of .05mm/.0019 is this after anodizing or before, because the anodizing will make the part grow that much for hard coat
    Mactec54

That would be after anodizing but it really doent matter that much as I will make the other parts of the project AFTER the spacers are done. That way if the spacers are a even 0.1mm thicker I can adjust the other parts to fit.

The main thing about the first part is that the thickness remains pretty constant and doesnt run all over the place, as that is what will really give me fits.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Email sent
    Mactec54

Thank you!.

I really hope folks get too caught up on the tolerances here. They are really more flexible than it may first seem.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Email sent

I very much appreciate everyone's time and efforts on putting together quotes. Let's keep this open until the middle of next week (27-28 Jan.).

Anyone interested in quoting, please try and get me something by then. I'll take a look at everything and then get back to everyone one way or another.

Please feel free to quote without anodizing as I can easily have that done here.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Thank for all the interest and quotes on this Project. I appreciate everyone's time and effort.

Anyone still wanting to send in a quote, please get in to me by Wed. morning, 8:00 AM, 27th Jan, Central European time. Quotes coming in after that time will not be considered.

I want to get this job out to the winning bidder this week.

I will contact everyone who quotes individually per email.

Again, many thanks to everyone who has shown an interest, I have been very surprised with how many professional replies this post has generated. I'm cutting a prototype of the first spacer today to check fit and to have a few samples to send the winner, the second spacer is a repeat, so samples are ready to fly on that one already.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

No more quotes for these please.

I will check over all the quotes and get back to everyone who quoted one way or another per email by the end of the week or Monday latest.

I'd like to thank everyone who quoted I appreciate your time and efforts very much!
    www.wilkins-knives.com

I've contacted all who bid via email and the job went to a shop in TN, USA. When the parts are finsihed, I'll post a few pics.

Thanks again to everyone who took the time to quote!
    www.wilkins-knives.com

MY quote is 2.25 a piece and get back to you about the anodized on tuesday
    I'm located in wichita ,KS my email is [email protected]

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWilkins View Post
    Sorry about the missing dimensions, I've posted a revised PDF below with all radius info.

I'd like to get these around the end of Feb.

300 of each would also do me.

This could be a job that comes back, last time I made the 2nd spacer I made a bunch and they lasted about 6 months. However, I don't want to make any promises, the way things are these days...

If the parts are deburred then a tumble finish won't be needed.

It is no problem for me to have all the parts Hardcoat anodized, so anybody can feel free to quote un-anodized too.

All holes can be drilled using a drill bit, no reaming to size is needed. The location will requires spotting or whatever to LOCATE the position, that's important. For the size, if it's a 2.5mm hole, use a 2.5mm drill bit, that will fine.

What can't walk all over the place is the thickness of the parts, as these are spacers! The outer contour has more tolerance latitude.

I usually use AlMgSi1 (6082 T6) Alu for these parts I thought 6061 would be easier to find in the USA, but 6082 is also fine by me.

The job has already been given out.
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Quote Originally Posted by KevinWilkins View Post
    The job has already been given out.
    Yeah I'd say he's a little late, so how did the job come out? Have you received your parts yet?

Quote Originally Posted by universalfab View Post
    Yeah I'd say he's a little late, so how did the job come out? Have you received your parts yet?
    Why do these people continue to quote and openly at that, after the poster said the job was awarded? To me the only purpose it shows is that the bid poster has trouble with reading and comprehension.

The project is in the works, the guy is ready to go, he's waiting for the sample parts I mailed him to arrive before he cuts anthing just to make sure and so he has a match part... I have the time and I prefer safe that sorry ... hopefully my package will reach him any day now and he can push "start."
    www.wilkins-knives.com

Quote Originally Posted by Dualkit View Post
    Why do these people continue to quote and openly at that, after the poster said the job was awarded? To me the only purpose it shows is that the bid poster has trouble with reading and comprehension.
    Well I don't know, "I think he not too smarrt!". Really though I think it's because Kevin said that there is a chance that this could be repeat work. Do agree with your comments, bids should be kept private and if you want to bid, bid on time.

Page 1 of 2 12