585,567 active members*
3,404 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

MV Junior Spindle Issues

I have moved an MV Junior from one end of the country to the other. It has an Fanuc O M control on it, it's about 1985ish vintage. When I give it an M29 and a spindle speed to turn on rigid tapping, it rotates in reverse, 8 1/8 turns before it continues on tapping. It didn't do this before the move. What I did find was that there were several parameters that were different when I first turned it on here, eg. Japanese messages etc.
    Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by alc1960 View Post
    I have moved an MV Junior from one end of the country to the other. It has an Fanuc O M control on it, it's about 1985ish vintage. When I give it an M29 and a spindle speed to turn on rigid tapping, it rotates in reverse, 8 1/8 turns before it continues on tapping. It didn't do this before the move. What I did find was that there were several parameters that were different when I first turned it on here, eg. Japanese messages etc.
    Any help with this problem would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks.
    Ok, are you telling me that a 85 ish mvjr has rigid tap? I recently purchased a 85-86ish mv jr and asked the question will it do rigid tapped and it seemed like the answer was no, I am assuming that you have seen it do this, if so coool; anyway I was thinking when you said Japanese messages it might be that you lost your parameters and if that is the case and you need some from my machine let me know, don't know if we can download these from the machine if so I can do that and send them over to you. I am new to this machine so my trouble shooting skills are limited.

Let me know
    Andy

I have an mv junior , i never thought about trying to rigid tap on it i thought it was too old,i think its late 80's machine i cant remember the exact age.
    I have parameters from this but it has a 10m control not the 0m so they would be no good.
    Just my thoughts but the machines i have had that rigid tap do just like you say is happening now , they rotate what looks like erratic until they sync.

:idea:Oh and change the batteries before you loose more parameters !!:idea:

email me if you need my parameter listing ( [email protected] )

Don't think a 85ish machine would have a OM, would be 10 or 11M. OM would be very late 80's, early 90's I think. Not all ridged tap parameters are in the control, the C series drive on a OM would have parameters as well.