585,902 active members*
4,480 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

steady rest rollers

Hi any body out there ever made or come a cross steady resy rollers made out of a softer mat. such as delren or some thing on that orderer. i have LNS steady rest and the standerd rollers are leaving a .0005 to .001 mark or indent in the nickle mat.that i am machining i made a rollers out of delren they worked but it needs a bearning to roll free. looking for any info thanks

Drop me a line with more info

Good morning
    I've done a lot of work over the years with Acetyl-Copolymer, delrin in many different hardness levels. if you can see me a little more info on the size of the rollers you are looking for and the use. I wouldn't have any trouble designing something for you using several different internal roller, ball or cage type bearing. I'll give you several options to choose from. I'm a 60 yr old disabled machinist with 40+ yrs exp, 30 as Master Machinist with Raytheon and Litton Industries. I have my own small machine shop next to the house. I do not do this for a living anymore, just for retirement fun. So I'm always looking for small projects. So you don't get the big machine shop design and manufacturing charges. I'm just an old geezer having fun. I think my email is on the user page if not ask me for it and I'll send it to you. You can send me a picture of what your are currently using. Then if needed if you'd like me to work on your rollers you can send me an old one or a spare so I can get all the correct dimensions. My son is finishing up his classes at Western Carolina Univ. In Cad/Cam Mechanical Engineering and I like having small projects to work with him giving him real world experience in reverse engineering. I can send back our design drawings in dxf or dwg as needed for your approval before making the parts you need. We may not be the biggest little shop but we sure are the cheapest. Have a great day Rick, "The Old Geezer. " Western North Carolina Oh I think there are pix of my shop over in the photo album section of my profile.