585,712 active members*
4,125 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Mitsubishi 110 G Need Some Help Desperately

I purchased a 110 G a few months back, I have finally been able to get power to it. The excitement has quickly turned to grief. I am hooked up to three phase, reason for delay in getting power.

The battery died. When turned on power to the unit there is a delay, then the cooling fans turn on, and the Power on led turns red. I have several led's lit up inside the cabinet, but that is all that happens. Screen does not turn on. When I push system ready button nothing happens. Pushing buttons nothing happens other than the beep. Here is the kicker, when I push and hold the power off button it shuts down but as soon as I release the power off button the fans and leds start back up. One other thing, the dirty water pump has turned on and shut down two different times, cannot tell you why.

I am on three phase with a wild leg. I have swapped wires to make sure phase wasn't reversed, no difference.

Any direction where to start would be very appreciated.

Sound to me like you have to reload the operating software. That's what happens when the machine looses power with no battery backup. Whoever you purchased the machine from should have supplied you with a cassette reader, instruction manual and some tapes.

Thanks Stiv, you where right, replaced battery and loading software, thanks again. Hopefully will take off when I get everything loaded.

Still need help

Stiv and any other help. i replaced the battery, and loaded tapes. The machine power button worked, and other buttons worked, however, still no monitor. I loaded tape one, very short then loaded tape 2, 3, and 5. I do not have a tape 4. I have double of evertything, tapes manuals etc, so I assume that I have all the tapes, am I missing one? I did not load the e-pack, or pitch error, as instructions said to wait until after performing some other steps.

After Loading, the power button is active, however after releasing the e-stop, I hit the system ready button nothing happens. At this point the stop and start power button works, also can switch to manual movement for the axis, just no screen or does the system ready button come on.

I don't have a tape #4 either and everything works fine for me. It must be for options that neither of us have, like possibly the self threading feature. Anyway, at the point you were at the screen should have come on with all the display in Japanese. Try checking all your connections to the display. Possibly look for a reset button on the back of the display. It's been a while since I've had ours out and I don't remember all the adjustments it has. If you have another machine with the same control unit you can swap the display out to see if it is on the fritz. I had to replace one of our displays last year. I had VarTech Systems Inc. do a retrofit for about 2/3 the price of a new one from Mitsubishi. Keep me informed about your progress.

Thanks Stiv

Another step closer, hopefully. Pulled CRT, had a blown fuse, replaced it, and it immediately blew again as soon as turned power on. Tried again same result. Took it to a guy who specializes in rebuilding the CRT's, he will get back to me tomorrow with what he finds.

Appreciate the help. I called Vartech and they said they needed the old CRT in order to figure out if they could build me an LCD that would work. One question that I have though, do you have an extra RS connector on the same card as where your CRT cable plugs in? Did you change over to an LCD or do you still have the CRT?

Just trying to see if there are any other options out there for me.

I am not sure if you are the same person who emailed us this morning for this exact model, but Monitech (www.monitech.com) has LCD upgrade kits for most CNC monitors. Just provide us the model number of the monitor and manufacturer (or even email a picture of the back) and we can provide LCD upgrade kits at (usually) half the price of the original manufacturer.

[email protected]

Yes, there is a RS plug on the board. I had Vartech retrofit a CRT for me. The cool thing about them is you send in your unit, they test it and recommend what to do. Maybe it's not the CRT but the power supply or something else. They would know and it would be much less expensive than replacing the screen. The $150 you pay for testing applies toward the repair if you let them do it, otherwise they ship it back and you can repair it yourself. Those CRT's last 25-30 years or longer. How long does a LCD last? I'm not suggesting you shouldn't do it, but how is it going to look through the panel? What if it has to be outside the control unit? How would the ergonomics be? I would get all the info first. Good luck.

if you don't use your machine for long periods of time, the battery will drain and you'll have to reload the software in...

I got a plug in 6V transformer/charger and plug it in when the machine is off keeps the battery charged and saves me from having to reload software after long periods of time, before i use to turn the machine on Mon, Wed & Fri to prevent it from clearing the memory... only thing is you must make sure to unplug the transformer/charger before you go to use the machine...

Back with monitor working

Thanks for everyone for the help.

First the good news, have a working LCD monitor, due to some budgetary concerns, ie.. I was broke, had to go cheep. Ended up with brand new LCD for 325 bucks that works perfectly. Took some time to wire up but works.
    Loaded the software no problems.

Now the bad news, have stop code "battery" alarm that will not clear. Brand new battery installed, reading 6.29 volts on the posts.

Any ideas?

Thanks and if anyone needs a monitor on the cheap be happy to help explain the wiring code and the type of monitor that worked for me.