584,849 active members*
4,227 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Hybrid View

Best CNC crash on youtube

holy sh*t
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPPp1A1gj2M"]YouTube- SZF CNC-Crash[/ame]

That wasn't pretty
    www.integratedmechanical.ca

I have actually been looking for that one for some time now. I remember also seeing one guy crashing a spindle probe on a lathe (video was posted somewhere on the zone before). There is also a video of a huge vertical mill that goes wild and starts milling on its own frame.

This one is also pretty cool.
    [ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzb-i7-fuq8&feature=related"]YouTube- Crash d'usinage[/ame]

Quote Originally Posted by The Blight View Post
    I have actually been looking for that one for some time now. I remember also seeing one guy crashing a spindle probe on a lathe (video was posted somewhere on the zone before). There is also a video of a huge vertical mill that goes wild and starts milling on its own frame.

This one is also pretty cool.
    YouTube- Crash d'usinage

This one scares the crap out of me. I've seen the aftermath twice from this kind of thing. One guy died, the other almost totaled the machine. Watch out if you forget the G50 on the Okuma and hit Estop. The hydraulics shut off and you better pray the chuck solenoid is not leaking.

The Blight,

LOL, did that guy try to grab the stock as it flew out of the jaws?
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=38lFuolhn3g"]YouTube- CNC Crash[/ame]
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

There's a big difference between M02 and M03, namely the direction of the drill.

A piece of steel that large flying at me would make me reconsider how much I trust that enclosure.

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9gO7igYlR2Q"]YouTube- cnc crash[/ame]
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

LOL, poor guy almost had a good part...

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWOAAyN3btc"]YouTube- CNC Machine Tool Crash - ZOMG FAIL[/ame]
    Free DXF - vectorink.com

Quote Originally Posted by brandou10l View Post

HAHA look at the sparks fly out between the spindle cart. Thats toast. "quick, hide the evidence and call the distributor, we still have a warranty, and don't tell them what happened".

Quote Originally Posted by underthetire View Post
    HAHA look at the sparks fly out between the spindle cart. Thats toast. "quick, hide the evidence and call the distributor, we still have a warranty, and don't tell them what happened".
    haha the service men cant seem to figure out why theres metal welded to the hsk interface

WTF

ok so there are more than a few crashes on youtube,
    so far,
    1 im glad i always keep the door shut when the machine is running
    even when im proving out a program, i see alot of other people at my work who dont keep the door shut, i program a cat40 14000rpm 2000ipm rapids hmc

2 the first thing i learned on a cnc lathe is that the g50 limits the rpm in g96mode

3 i actually read and know how to read the program when im proving it out, i never trust the cam system, because as soon as you let ur gaurd down it will bite u in the arse

4 if i ever decide to videotape one of the machines i will PROVE OUT THE PROCESS FIRST AND RUN A FEW PARTS BEFORE VIDEOTAPING!!!!!!

seriously that one with the lathe "crash de' usenage" the could have easly killed that guy i mean comeon who has the balls to videotape a program that obviously hasnt been proved out yet and even so not even running it in single block!! thats just moronic.
    and i though all the morons of the machining world worked at my shop i was completely wrong!!!

I'm wondering how many RPM the machine was up to in the video.

One of the apprentices I used to go to school with did something stupid at one point. He forgot to close the vice properly. He plunged down with a 16mm endmill (this went quite well actually), but when it started doing a circular cut, the endmill snapped, and the part was thrown straight at the front door making a huge crack in the glass.

When I run a program for the first time, I stand right next to the machine with my fingers on the rapid and feed knobs. When it gets close to the part I'm working on, I turn down the rapids and feed until I'm sure it's doing what its supposed to. Never had a crash, but I have seen the barfeeder push a 30mm rod of brass too far into the lathe. The bar was bent quite good, but the machine took no damage.

judging by the pitch of the sound and the extent of the damage i would guess between 13000-18000

i worked at a shop that had a mori seiki vmc 12000 rpm spindle

and they thought it would be a good idea to put a 1/8 jobbers drill in a drill chuck and run it at 12000 rpm needless to say that didnt work and teh centrifugal force caused by the runout of the chuck snapped the drill off and went through 2panes of a 3pane saftey glass window