584,865 active members*
5,018 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Fadal > Didn't let the magic blue smoke out yet.....

Didn't let the magic blue smoke out yet.....

I found these sitting on top of the main transformer in the rear cabinet of my 94 VMC15.

http://i445.photobucket.com/albums/q...c15sdparts.jpg

Any ideas where they go?

I found the brown cap inside the spindle drive. It's a baldor vector drive, but it's an older one probably the original. I was in there changing a blown fuse.

My IT won't let me access any photobucket images. If you can provide a different medium, I'll have a look for you!

Neal

Oh I made a post about this a long while ago.
    I forget the name of them, but was told there not really needed ( which I think is Bull****) Fadal didnt tell me they werent needed. the company I bought my fadal through did. I needed a new drive anyway.
    I'll screen shot the pic for you neal

Let me see if I can find the post. They typically fall out during shipping. Neal you will know what they are. there about the size of a half dollar and they come on the baldor drives I think there is 3 or 4 of them

heres the screen shot neal,

The cap you need for sure, I will snap a pic of where those other piece go if you need it.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neal.jpg  

heres my post from a while ago.
    they are Called MOV's
    http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showpo...48&postcount=6

Oh yeah one other thing, Call fadal they are very good and will guide you through the checking part step by step.. The 9volt battery test will blow your mind

DELW--
    The red circular pieces are broken off capacitors from the 1170 surge supressor board. Check this board out and if it is damaged then replace it ASAP.
    The darker cylinder I can't make out enough detail to identify it.

Neal

The brown cylinder is a capacitor with 2200uf and 16v marked on the side. I see a few in the drive, and I even see a spot where it looked like one broke off. I found this inside the drive.

Where is the 1170 board, is it inside the drive? I found the red things on the transformer under the drive. But they could have bounced out of the drive when the machine was being moved.

those are inside of the old Baldor Sweos;they brake do to overheath; must of the time still good, you can solder'm back