585,967 active members*
4,367 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

part catcher positioning

We have recently purchased a new Doosan Puma TT2500/SY. The problem we are having is when we send the part catcher to the main spindle, the basket will not clear the face of the collet chuck. When I attempt to adjust the sliding stop on top of the rail for the main spindle side, the catcher no longer sends a signal to the control that it has reached the stop point. We have removed the telescoping cover on the part catcher rail and we do not see any kind of sensor, just what the parts book call shock absorbers that do not have any kind of wiring to them. Is there some kind of sensor that can be adjusted to tell the control when the catcher has reached the stop? If so, where is this sensor located? If I move the adjustable stop rail back to where it was from the factory, it recieves a signal that it has made it to the stop. Thank you!!

caddisfly

I don't recall if this parts catcher is air driven or chain driven. If air driven you may look for reed switches attached to air cylinder. Either way there should be something in the electrical prints or even the parts manual with the parts catcher. If you have trouble reading electrical prints you could go to the IO screen and watch for an x bit toggling while operating. Or if you understand ladder you could work backwards through the MFIN signal I believe is G5.0 or some use the Fin signal which is G4.3

I wasn't quite sure what you were asking.

but this machine has a hydraulic piston (due to the size of the spindle)

if you remove the cover at the front of the machine to the left of the spindle you will see the piston there will be a APD-A57 reed switch attached to the tie rod of the piston this is the sensor to adjust

If you want to adjust the final position of the bucket there are 4 screws at the front of the PC arm this will allow you to move the arm and gain access to the clamp that positions the arm you need to be careful as this is hydraulic and wont stop easily if incorrectly adjusted
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*

I believe his machine has a different style parts catcher (the Operation Manual identifies it as Parts Catcher "B"). It is overhead, and can position to either the main or subspindle, depending on the M-code (M10 > main spindle, M310 > sub spindle). Does this sound right, Caddisfly?

I've attached a diagram showing the switches, but your machine may be set to use a timer instead. You'll need to check the Keep Relay Section of your "blue book". If it's set to use a timer, I think you just adjust the stop, not the prox. switch.

In any case if your machine is new, your dealer should be able to help you out with this.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails TT-2500SY Parts Catcher IO.jpg   TT-2500SY Parts Unloader (B).jpg  

Quote Originally Posted by dcoupar View Post
    I believe his machine has a different style parts catcher (the Operation Manual identifies it as Parts Catcher "B"). It is overhead, and can position to either the main or subspindle, depending on the M-code (M10 > main spindle, M310 > sub spindle). Does this sound right, Caddisfly?

I've attached a diagram showing the switches, but your machine may be set to use a timer instead. You'll need to check the Keep Relay Section of your "blue book". If it's set to use a timer, I think you just adjust the stop, not the prox. switch.

In any case if your machine is new, your dealer should be able to help you out with this.
    Thanks for the replys.

dcoupar, you are correct. With a little more searching we found the switch.

thanks
    caddisfly

OOK I missed the TT part
    *~~Darwinian Man, though well-behaved, At best is only a monkey shaved!~~*
    *__________If you feel inclined to pay for the support you receive__________*
    *_______Please give to charity https://www.oxfam.org.au/get-involved/_______*