585,926 active members*
3,669 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Bridgeport V2XT / DX32 running Windows XP?

Is it possible to configure an old V2XT / DX32 to run from a new Windows XP computer? Using the DOS command line to run the machine software and having the ability to utilize the USB ports to up & download CNC programs?

5S Dude-
    Have you checked out the Yahoo group for V2XT owners?
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/v2xt/messages?o=1

I have already retrofitted my V2XT to Mach3...

Keith

Thank you for the link Keith. Lot of good info there too.

I would like to keep running the standard Bridgeport software as it is working great and dedicated to specific product lines. Our operators are familiar with it so no additional expenditure and or training is currently required.

Our 3.5 floppy recently failed and legacy hardware is simply getting harder to find.

I have two of these machines that will be upgraded. One is pre DX32. The latest software i've heard about using on the PC in the Bridgeport is DOS 6.2 with Windows for Workgroups 3.11. This allows the V2xt to connect via ethernet cable to a LAN. Any operating system that can output a file in ASCII text format should be able to communicate this way.

5S dude-
    My machine is a 1993 vintage, and I still have most of the original circuit boards. I believe that it is the older FMDC not the newer BMDC version. I would be willing to part with any of the old hardware. I do have the original floppy drive. I have already sold the drives and motors.

Let me know.

Keith

Thanks guys, I guess I’ll have to do a bit more homework. I recently got two 14-inch color monitors and some old relic Hard disc and hardware as spare parts. Gotta keep this baby running a bit longer before we buy newer HAAS/Fadel/Hurco type equipment which is at an all time low price wise in the Republic of Kalifornia right now.

I'm quite sure the answer to your question is no. Windows XP is not a DOS system with a graphical user interface as a shell. Many DOS programs are not compatible with XP, including the DX-32 control.

SM

5S Dude, For some unknown reason my browser displayed your first post where I expected to see the last. You might find this site of interest. http://jaliyablogs.blogspot.com/2008...eport-cnc.html

SM

Man! I love this place…. Thank you seniormachinist for directing me towards the solution. I do have a copy of Windows for Workgroups on 3.5 discs and an old 16 bit laptop. Short term, it will suffice in making our process changes a bit more painless.

DX32 G CODES NEEDED.

Quote Originally Posted by 5S Dude View Post
    Is it possible to configure an old V2XT / DX32 to run from a new Windows XP computer? Using the DOS command line to run the machine software and having the ability to utilize the USB ports to up & download CNC programs?
    HELLO, We are in need of the G codes for DX32 dos based. any body? any Link?

most appreciated
    Mark
    [email protected]

The V2XT group at Yahoo groups has the "Bridgeport CNC DX32 Programmer's Manual (February 1994)" as a PDF file. I can email it to you if you do not wish to join the group.

Tony

Tony

Thank you!
    Yes, if you please send the pdf manuals.

best regards
    Mark Young

Quote Originally Posted by sinklar View Post
    The V2XT group at Yahoo groups has the "Bridgeport CNC DX32 Programmer's Manual (February 1994)" as a PDF file. I can email it to you if you do not wish to join the group.

Tony
    Sorry, email
    [email protected]

I cannot access yahoo groups from work. I will send when I go home for lunch. Is [email protected] the correct email address?

Quote Originally Posted by sinklar View Post
    I cannot access yahoo groups from work. I will send when I go home for lunch. Is [email protected] the correct email address?
    Yes, and thank you again.

[email protected]

Email with programming attachment sent.
    The file was about 4.3MB.

Does anyone have any parts for a Boss 8 R2e3 I need the FMC board and transformer T1 I believe that it is the 120 step down transformer from 3 phase, is there a reason that I cannot use the other 115 volt step down transformer to run this input to the 30 volt transformer in the power supply, if nothing else I could use a 1/1 isolation transformer with proper current rating. I would however like to make it original, The problem I am having is the display stays on wait and shows a number 2 above the wait, A little perplexing, some have indicated the FMDC board is bad, is there a way to verify this Leds do not blink steady state first two. Help mill is down!!!!!!!!!!!

i need manuals pdf dx32 please send [email protected] thanks very much good day.