585,589 active members*
3,706 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > Community Club House > OBAMA say DOUBLE exports in 5 years

OBAMA say DOUBLE exports in 5 years

So who on here thinks the USA could do this?

It would be awesome for manufacturing if this could happen. I hope it could happen.

CAN the USA do it? Yes.

Will the bonehead "business leaders" agree to a pay cut from their multi-millions/billions in the short term to reap the long term gain? Nope, not a chance.

The US can become a "colony" again by exporting more raw material and importing finished goods.

The trick is to sell your raw materials priced as high as the market will bear, then import as low priced as possible. Then mark up the price of the imported goods as high as the market will bear.

It also helps if you either own or have a large interest in the manufacturing company/country you are importing from.

If you manage to pull this off, you will become a successful company. You can improve your profit margin by paying your employees as little as possible.

Does any of this sound familiar?

Dick Z
    DZASTR

Double? the word is DOUBLE, not a chance unless china is getting weaker and their currency is playing fairly. I do believe 25% to 30% max but not double.
    The best way to learn is trial error.

talk is cheap! whats The bomba doing to make it happen?
    thanks
    Michael T.
    "If you don't stand for something, chances are, you'll fall for anything!"

Although If he is predicting RAPID inflation that will kinda cause the manufacturing and exporting of our goods to start to happen all by itself and will in a backdoor sense fix the overpriced housing market by making your dollars worth ****!
    thanks
    Michael T.

Great! That means the US will double it's importing from us!

Quote Originally Posted by Nastyzen View Post
    Great! That means the US will double it's importing from us!
    Not so great if the US dollar is down a hole; try absorbing a 60% decline in your export income over five years because your major customer's currency drops in value.
    An open mind is a virtue...so long as all the common sense has not leaked out.

Quote Originally Posted by Geof View Post
    Not so great if the US dollar is down a hole; try absorbing a 60% decline in your export income over five years because your major customer's currency drops in value.
    Now that's not being very optimistic.I think our southern cousins are usually clever folk and something good should come out of this.For sure the way of doing business has for ever changed,greed changed the meaning of being proud about good workmanship,quality,honesty.Oh well.:violin:
    My exports to the States is minimal at this time.Thank God there are many other countries on this planet.
    What I sell, I sell in Canadian dollars
    Cheer up, my son came back from grade school last week and was happy as hell to inform me that the recession was over!!Just like that.(nuts)
    Cheers!

Actually China is poised for over 15% (23% estimated, based on previous data from the last 10 years and internal issues that they are aware of and we aren't necessarily...) growth this year, after growing 11% last year...the central government is actually looking at adjusting their currency to control the growth (for the first time in 30 years!)...China could literally expand so fast they would be starved for resources, supplies and materials to sustain itself...collapsing almost as rapidly as it grew, if something isn't done internally to flatten the incline or artificially plateau.

So who exactly are we going to export to? Better yet, what? Other than weapons, some technology and medicine, we have nothing that the world markets want in bulk quantities.

Well about 2 or 3 years ago almost all our aluminum in the US was exported to china prob the same with steel. This has a drawback though of it becoming more expensive for us to buy at home.

well My products do well when the US dollar is weak because a lot of countries want motorcycle parts and are willing and able to pay for them....I'm good if the dollar goes either way...just not if it stays artificially inflated!

If the government decides to "help" us by artificially inflating our currency it : 1. puts off what has to happen, and 2. makes it bad to import and export.

If the dollar improves all by itself (unlikely) then the economy does well (and I am happy) if the dollar tanks and inflation goes haywire then I export to other countries (yay, we are the new china)

hopefully the government doesn't decide to "help" as they only do 2 things well: take your money and take your freedom!
    thanks
    Michael T.

No One can beat China.. They have industrial villages, with low cost manpower, Almost Free electricity and the government promote industries and gives incentives..
    They are JIN.. no one can beat them..they do not involve in War so their economy grows days and night...
    http://free3dscans.blogspot.com/ http://my-woodcarving.blogspot.com/
    http://my-diysolarwind.blogspot.com/

Talking

the only thing the our lord and savior is capable of producing is loads of BS, that he seems able to produce in amazing quantities. the rest of the worlds seems to love it, now if they would be willing to pay for it.

Obama said he cut taxes, Mine went up two weeks in a row,
    Obama said he cut health insurance costs, The company I work for could not afford the cost increase without changing the plan, so now I have to pay a higher co-pay plus 40% of the bill and my cost per week doubled. In December I went for my check up, my PSA number was way up and I had to go have a biopsy(Sp?) The bills I have so far are at around 1500.00, there are probably a couple of more to come. I told my wife when this all started that if I was not guaranteed of a cure it would be cheaper to just let me die so I would not leave her destitute and even if they could cure it we may not be able to afford it, with us having to shell out 40%. I know there are a lot of people much worse off than I am, at least right now I have a job, that could change at any moment. I don't know where the cuts are that Obama talked about. I do whole heartedly agree that health care needs to be fixed! but I think they are going about it the wrong way, I think they need to fix the frivolous law suits against the doctors, hospitals and others, I realize some people have been hurt very badly by negligent people but suing McDonald's for spilling hot coffee in your lap... give me a break!!! And the fake doctors and fake Medicare claims need to be dealt with, Miami has changed from being a drug capital to being a Medicare scam capital!

change we can believe in. hey , best wishes and good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by 307startup View Post
    So who exactly are we going to export to? Better yet, what? Other than weapons, some technology and medicine, we have nothing that the world markets want in bulk quantities.
    I was wondering the same thing when listening to the speech. The world economy has seen many ups and downs over the last 50 years. In the up cycles employment returns but not in the manufacturing sector. That trend is well documented in Canada, doubt if the situation is much different in America.
    Anyone who says "It only goes together one way" has no imagination.