585,754 active members*
4,420 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Need Help please with Inputs and Outputs

I had an old rutex 4 axis system that I gutted out a few years ago. R990 drives, motherboard and relay board.

I have a full size mill with an Anilam control, and running a job that I need an indexer for. Tonight I assembled a single axis sytem with a rotary table that I had. So now I have stand alone indexer.

What I need now is to figure out the simplest way of getting signal and ack IO's to Mach.

When a program an M10 in the Anilam I have a relay that goes to ground. This need to be "wired" into the computer to tell Mach to start the program and then when the servo has completed its move I need Mach to send 5v to the mill so it can resume the program. I'm pretty sure the input and output that I need to accomplish this can just be momentary not continuous.

Can any of the extra step and direction outputs be used since I'm only using one axis? or relay IO's (4 also) that are on the motherboard be reprogrammed or setting changed in Mach to accomplish this.

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks

Write a macro that triggers a output to switch the relay on and off.
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.

OK that will work great for the output from Mach but what about the input to Mach?

You can map a input to a Mach Button by using a OEM trigger and then define the trigger as a Mach3 button in the Hotkeys section.

A list of the oem numbers is posted in the Wiki.

http://www.machsupport.com/MachCusto...le=OEM_Buttons

Five inputs are available on the first parallel port, you may need a 2nd parallel port card if you need more inputs.

You can also use a macro and a GetOEMButton() call to do more complex logic (i.e test to see if a function is active by looking at a corresponding LED) and read it through the same OEMTrigger Inputs

Jeff...
    Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish.