586,000 active members*
4,834 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

CNC 88 Software?

Is the CNC 88 software in the machine changed by flashing the chip? Can it be uploaded from the chip to a PC?

I'm wondering about making modifications to the software, has anyone tried to do it before?

Thanks,
    Don

ABOUT CNC88 SOFTWARE - TYPE IN MU - WHATEVER THE LAST PAGE NUMBER IS TYPE IT IN AND AT THE BOTTUM IT WILL LIST YOUR SOFTWARE LEVEL AND PROCESSOR (sys 93.4b-3) - TO CHANGE SOFTWARE YOU WILL NEED A PCB-0159 MODULE (YOU WILL NEED TO GET THE NUMBER OFF YOUR PROCESSOR BOARD (1400-3 or 4 or 5) - YOU WILL PROBLALY HAVE TO ORDER THE CONTROLLER BOARDS E-PROMS ALSO - IF I CAN FIGURE OUT HOW TO DOWN LOAD A DOC. I HAVE A COMPLETE COMPATABILTY CHART

DAVE

Dave,

Thanks for the response, I'm running version 102.1.

My question is about modifying the software, has anybody tried making modifications? Every piece of software out there seems to have some kind of hack or modification. I'm pretty sure (99.9%) that our service tech has flashed that chip from a laptop in the past. I'm just wondering if it is possible to upload the software and look at the source code?

I've thought about swapping to an aftermarket control, but I thought if I could fix some of the little quirks that annoy me from time to time I would take a look at doing that. This software has been around for ages, surely someone has a copy of it.

Thanks,
    Don

Unless you are completely version in the computer language utilized on the module, you are asking for nothing but trouble!

Neal

Hey Neal,

It is not something that I am taking lightly, I'm sure there is some complicated code involved. However without looking at it, it's impossible to know if it if even feasible. Can it be uploaded from the machine?

Thanks,
    Don

No, ou need the source code to make any changes. This can not be obtain directly from the machine.
    Neal