584,805 active members*
5,350 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

BobCAD Support

BobCAD-CAM Technical Support is now beefing up their support forum for all customers. Feel free to use the forum for technical questions and suggestions regarding what you would like to see in future releases.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

new computer with Vista Home premium V22 will not print drawing --I only get a wet

black page, What to do ??

Is you background color Black, if it is change it to White. That's what happen
    to me one time.
    Good Luck

Won't Open

My last PC with bobcad on it is now giving a error V19 will not open send mesage Bob cad 19 has encountered a problem and need's to close send an error report to MS ect. any Idea's would be helpfull I own V18-20 and this was the last one I had operating untill Santaclaus Bring's a new PC and I can install my second seat of 20 would like to retrive th drawing's at least

Frustrated Kevin

Kevin,

The most common cause for this error is a bad registry entry. Do you know how to edit the registry?

gibb,

Your issue is likely attributed to the graphics adapter you are using. What video card are you using?

Regards

Won't open

What ever card was in this PC when we got it What should I have since I'm working on up grading in the next two week's Don't know about the regestry Explane if you can Thank's Kevin

Kevin,

The registry is not something for the faint of heart to be fooling with. Give the support guys a call and they will help you out. That I feel is the best way to handle your situation.

The graphics card comment was intended for gibb, but if you're looking at getting a new graphics card it is all dependant on the software systems that you intend to run on the computer and what you currently have in the system.

I like the NVidia 7 series cards for general use. Yes, it is a gaming card, but performs well in other types of applications as well. For CAD specific the Quadros are best.

ATI are pretty standard, but I don't have a favorite as of now.

Regards

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    BobCAD-CAM Technical Support is now beefing up their support forum for all customers. Feel free to use the forum for technical questions and suggestions regarding what you would like to see in future releases.
    Sincerely,
    CNC Dude

I have been very happy with the support for V22. Its been working great for months now. I still get the occational "required application unavalible" then it shuts down. But its not a big problem, I just hit save every 5 minutes or so.
    Is there an easy fix for this? If its complicated, I'll just leave it alone.
    Thanks Matt

orizaba

You may want to make sure that you have the latest V22 build #1137 first. If you are up to date then we need to look into that further.

CNCdude

Quote Originally Posted by CNCdude View Post
    You may want to make sure that you have the latest V22 build #1137 first. If you are up to date then we need to look into that further.

CNCdude
    I'll do that, .....just one question, how do I do that?:rainfro:

black printing

Kevin Thanks for responding I think the printer is ok because quickbooks

prints checks perfectly. I took Sorin's course for 19 and he talked about

registry changes. I am reluctant to try. My graphics card:

NVDIA Ge force 6150 SEn Force 430.

Is sorin still around? I tried to send him an email and it bounced. I wanted to watch the videos because I just bought ver 23 last week.

Just remember that these videos require a codec from techsmith.

If you player does not show the video (don't bother with this if it does). Then download the codec from here.

http://www.techsmith.com/download/codecs.asp

I have the video's and the play fine, Threading in turn is not working. It says no lead pitch specified in g76. Any Ideas?

Up And going Thank's to noel at BCC regestry cleanup was the fix I had him do it online on one workstation and then I went to my other and did it with him still on the phone and I got my etatded self through it the next day the first one was locked out but I went back and repeated the cleanup and it's ok Thank's for the help Kevin

Quote Originally Posted by Tommy View Post
    Is you background color Black, if it is change it to White. That's what happen
    to me one time.
    Good Luck
    background is white . Brought program home to my PC with XP. Tried
    control-P and it printed just fine. It gotta be in the Vista !!

Wink black printing

Somebody out there knows how to correct my problem , ie
    When I try to print a drawing a get a complete black sheet.
    Printer prints quickbooks fine, Tried the compatability fix
    for Vista ---no help. Ver 22

You don't, by chance, have a Nvidia 8000 or 9000 series graphics card do you?

Steve

Page 1 of 2 12