585,994 active members*
4,788 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > CAM Software > Mastercam > Can't import EPS into Mastercam

Can't import EPS into Mastercam

Hello,

I have this problem. I am using inskcape to transform a logo and then I export the file to an EPS, when I try to open it in Mastercam 9 (router) it only shows part of it, sometimes nothing. So I can import, just not as expected.
    I have attached the logo I am trying to import and the result I get.
    I have tried a lot of things before saving my file in inkscape like changing fill and stroke, also combine, difference and all the options I get in the object menu in inkscape.

Anybody has any idea?
    Thanks
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails prueba2.png   prueba.png  

Have you tried to print it as a .PDF then use a PDF to DXF file conversion utility?

Or can Mastercam import .WMF files, if so, download Open Office from http://www.openoffice.org and import your graphic into draw and save as a .WMF.

Hope this helps.

Louis

I tried as a JPG but it was the same result. I will try it your way and see what happens.

Thanks

JLL

Quote Originally Posted by loud3803 View Post
    Have you tried to print it as a .PDF then use a PDF to DXF file conversion utility?

Or can Mastercam import .WMF files, if so, download Open Office from http://www.openoffice.org and import your graphic into draw and save as a .WMF.

Hope this helps.

Louis

Can you save it as other file types (something other than .eps) that Mastercam can import? Go thru all the possibilities. Some work better than others.

I have tried that, but I get the same result. Now I think it might be a compatibility between Inkscape and mastercam because in some files MC imports parts of the file, not the whole thing. I think I will try Adobe Illustrator and see what happens.

Thanks

JLL

Quote Originally Posted by Toonz View Post
    Can you save it as other file types (something other than .eps) that Mastercam can import? Go thru all the possibilities. Some work better than others.

i use corel
    then save it as dxf or drw
    make changes in autocad-explode etc...
    then import the dxf into mastercam and covert splines to arcs and make your geometry

Sounds like you got locked out of the mastercam software.
    Is it a legit copy?
    i have seen this behavior many times, and its usually because they have gotten the copy from work or from someone that they knew that they knew that they knew....follow the drift.?

Thank you,
    I will try that but using Illustrator instead of Corel

JLL

Quote Originally Posted by Yupower View Post
    i use corel
    then save it as dxf or drw
    make changes in autocad-explode etc...
    then import the dxf into mastercam and covert splines to arcs and make your geometry