584,829 active members*
4,909 visitors online*
Register for free
Login

Question Fanuc Series O-M model T

Hello,

I need to transfer files via DNC (I'm using CIMCO DNC Max) to a Fanuc Tape Drill Mate Model T and I can't do it at all.
    I'm using the serial port.
    Does anybody have some documentation for that, or knowledge about any procedure to do that?
    If yes, please help.

Yes, I know it is an old machine, but I have to use it
    Thank you,
    Dorin

Dorin,

Not much detail there, but this may help. I have a machine just like yours and have no problems - mine even has drip feed installed and it works great.

1. For parameter settings I use this as a reference: www.kfasllc.com/rs232_0.htm

2. For the wiring, it depends on what you want to do, simply send and recieve - or drip feed. This thread shows the most common wiring method: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66799

This has been discussed on this forum more times than you can count, if you don't get it working with that set-up and pin-out, just search for "RS232" and you'll get plenty of reading.

Rgds,
    John B

Thank you John B ...
    I'll test today and let you know about.

Dorin

Quote Originally Posted by John_B View Post
    Dorin,

Not much detail there, but this may help. I have a machine just like yours and have no problems - mine even has drip feed installed and it works great.

1. For parameter settings I use this as a reference: www.kfasllc.com/rs232_0.htm

2. For the wiring, it depends on what you want to do, simply send and recieve - or drip feed. This thread shows the most common wiring method: http://www.cnczone.com/forums/showthread.php?t=66799

This has been discussed on this forum more times than you can count, if you don't get it working with that set-up and pin-out, just search for "RS232" and you'll get plenty of reading.

Rgds,
    John B
    Hello John B,
    I did it. The transfer from the computer to the machine is working fine, but not from the machine to the computer. Ill digg more to find out why.
    In the same time I want to ask you how can I increase the memory, because it is very small and for milling is not enough for feeding the entire CNC program I need.
    Or ... do you have any solution to work directly from an external memory?
    Thank you,
    Dorin

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by ddorin View Post
    Hello John B,
    I did it. The transfer from the computer to the machine is working fine, but not from the machine to the computer. Ill digg more to find out why.
    In the same time I want to ask you how can I increase the memory, because it is very small and for milling is not enough for feeding the entire CNC program I need.
    Or ... do you have any solution to work directly from an external memory?
    Thank you,
    Dorin
    :rainfro:

Dorin,

Did you get the memory issue sorted? I sent you some information on 2/13, did you get that?

Best regards,
    John

Hello John,

of course i received your message and thank you. Very useful. everything working fine (till now)
    Thank you for all.
    D

Till now? Is something not acting right?

Everything is perfect
    thank you,
    Dorin

Re: Fanuc Series O-M model T

Hello Dorin,

I just bought a Fanuc Tape Dril Mate and im not familiar with this OM Mate controll
    How do you get the machine to recive files ? I need step by step explanation if is possible
    Thank you
    Alex

Hola buen día, tengo una maquina "fanuc tape drill modelo T" de 1990, se le agotaron las baterías y necesito los parámetros, podría alguien ayudarme con los parámetros ??? este es mi correo [email protected]

Hola tengo una maquina "fanuc tape drill modelo T" de 1990, se le agotaron las baterías y necesito los parámetros agotados, podría ayudarme con los parámetros ??? este es mi correo [email protected]