584,842 active members*
4,491 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
Page 1 of 2 12

Anilam 1100 Controller Problem

I have an Ajax mill with a Anilam 1100 2 axis controller. When I boot the controller I get a message that says 'Dead Stop Switch Reached!' and I can't reset the servos. In fact I can't even start the spindle because it say something like 'servos are not reset'.

I am told that this problem started when the Y axis was accidentally driven all the way to the end stop.

I have checked the X and Y limit stitches, which are working ok.

Does any one have an idea what this problem could be caused by?

Many thanks,

Ben H

Sent you a Private Message. I hope some of the thoughts might help a little.

Toolbit

Hi all, I have a Anilam 1100 on a Eagle. Ran it yesterday and shut it down for the night and toady went out and warmed it up and now I'm getting ''Dead stop switch reached" Can't reset servos or anything I did not crash the X Y or Z lastnight I just don't get it.

Thanks Dave

Hi Dave

I can tell you that the problem with mine was a burnt out track in one of the PCBs inside the control box. It prevented the 24v supply from reaching the limit switches. If you trace the 24v lines you might find where your problem is. That's what I did and it worked for me.

Hope this helps,

Ben

Ben, Thank you for the reply. I will start looking there.

Dave

Suggestion

Hi,

You said that the Y axis was accidently overdirven to the micro stop switch.

Have you taken the manual crank handle and moved the Y axis off the limit switch? If you manually move the Y axis off the limit switch and reboot the system it should work.

A few years back I had a Seiki XL CNC Mill with an Anilam 1100M Controller. I had the same issue but it was always with the Z axis.

If that doesn't work send me an e-mail to [email protected]

John
    2007 HAAS TM-1P OneCNC XR5 Mill Pro. Shopbot PRT running Mach3 2010 Screen Set, Super PID and PMDX Electronics.Check out my Gallery on: http://[email protected]

Guys, Thank you for all your help. Somedays I think I should stay in bed. Here is what I found out that it was in the Z axis our machine has an auto oiler wired to the Z axis and it was out of oil so it locked things up. I wish that I had a video of me when I found it. It's all in the details. Thanks again for all the help take care.

Dave

I am having the same trouble guys.

I see my 24v LED on the control panel is not lit up.
    Any idea where the 24v is supplied from?

All I did was shut down the servos over night, came out this morning to the dead stop message when I tried to fire them back up.

I am no where near the limits, and I metered the switches and verified they are working.

I am imagining that the 24v should be lit, and that there should be power to the switches.
    Neither of these is happening here at the moment.

Hello all, sorry for reviving an old thread, but im having the same problem.

I have the Anilam 1100 series CNC control running on a bridgeport series II mill.

When i start it i'll get the limit reached code, and when i reset servo's or press the E-stop ill get more codes, such as "spindle or prog. controller disable"
    , "servo delay please wait".

If anyone has any info or idea what it can be, please let me know. Thanks!

Hello all, sorry for reviving an old thread, but im having the same problem.

I have the Anilam 1100 series CNC control running on a bridgeport series II mill.

When i start it i'll get the limit reached code, and when i reset servo's or press the E-stop ill get more codes, such as "spindle or prog. controller disable"
    , "servo delay please wait".

If anyone has any info or idea what it can be, please let me know. Thanks!

My problem was a bad power supply to the computer.

I figured out how to use a store bought supply, and that fixed it.

Thank you. I will look into that. One thing is, i recently replaced the CMOS battery on that memory chip. Maybe that caused a problem?

Don't know, but when I ended up having too many problems a year or so ago, I talked to Anilam (Heidenhain) and just had them build me a whole new controller!

Well ill try and do more research and see what i can find on this damn thing.

Turns out my memory battery went south, so i replaced it and put in the settings in again.

Glad to hear it got fixed!

Re: Anilam 1100 Controller Problem

I have same problem, engineer linked all connectors on board with LED for limits 6 in row on left side, still get message I have to press clear 3 times, says servo delay please wait then drives come on OK

I have Anilam engineers e-mail in UK if you need it

Hi Chaps,

I have just got a second hand Ajax with a 1100M it was ok for a day then has a *halted message on the secondary screen and it will not clear. the servos are running and if I manual push the limit switches they throw up a message, so must be working. can anyone tell me what to look for, or am I being silly and missing something. the machine will will not jog in the manual mode or run the program until i can get rid of this message.
    Any help much appreciated. John

Hi guys, I just bought a Bridgeport series 2 CNC with Anilam 1100m. I have it up and running but cant get the servos to energize. It hasent hit the limit switch as the beds are in the centre. When I push the E-stop and then release and then press reset servo nothing happens, can someone please help me out with problem, Thank you.

Page 1 of 2 12