585,733 active members*
4,937 visitors online*
Register for free
Login
IndustryArena Forum > MetalWorking Machines > Syil Products > X4 spindle setup in Mach 3

X4 spindle setup in Mach 3

Hello All

I'm pretty new to this scene and would appreciate some help with the setup of my machine. I got a Syil X4 recently and am configuring and calibrating it in Mach 3. I'm pretty happy with most things but am struggling to get the spindle speed working.

I know the connections are correct from the PC as the motor starts fine and the direction is good. Dwell time works fine too. I can get two different speeds regardless of what rpm I ask for, basically maximum and a slower speed but I can only do this by reducing the SRO% substantially. Changing settings in the two spindle setup screens seem to make no difference!

The motor tuning screen in Mach 3 is completely counter intuitive for me for spindle tuning. Makes sense for steppers.

I've attached a few screen shots from Mach3. I'm not manipulating the Mach 3 setup xml directly, so I would really appreciate any advice on what settings to use on the two spindle setup screens to get this to work.

I've confirmed that the RPM on the mill DRO is very accurate, using an optical tacho.

Thanks all

Regards

Andy Russell-Boulton
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails ports-and-pins.jpg   motor-tuning.jpg   spindle-screen.jpg  

Mach 3 .XML

hello,

just send me a email to [email protected] and i can send you the set up file for mach3 as well as instructions how to install it.

any questions let me know,

keith